My Mockup of "Riding the Lizard"

InTheCity

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I wonder how long it took to mix that thing and manipulate all those samples to come so close to the real thing.

We use like every - every library ever. Bricasti Reverb Units. Manley Massive Passive. Expensive signal chain.

No clue what these are, but it sounds awesome!

I really must learn to use these more high end VSTs someday.

We use like every - every library ever. Bricasti Reverb Units. Manley Massive Passive. Expensive signal chain.

No clue what these are, but it sounds awesome!

I really must learn to use these more high end VSTs someday.

Those are all outboard effects units. Around 3 to 4K in GBP each. The kind of things you'd expect in a modern recording studio.

Cool!

In my experience you don't need libraries that are too expensive to get a good result. It's all about how you handle what you've got.

Well I agree. It's just I still haven't learned how to operate DAWs yet. All this time I've been writing music by the piano, then clicking in each note on a notation software with the VSTs plugged into them (nothing super fancy either), and the mixing happens there too. Long process, which is why I'm always amazed at how a lot of you guys can manipulate DAWs so well. It's a skill I have yet to acquire.

That's fantastic! I'd love to hear the original Attack of the Clones finale mocked up with great libraries. Hell, I'd mock it up myself but it seems the AOTC sketches aren't floating around as freely as other stuff.

Haven't had the chance to listen to this yet, but yes, yes, yes to Bricasti.

Ok yeah, just listened. Seriously fantastic.

You've obviously got some very enviable production resources. But more than that, the attention to details like humanizing attacks/phrasings/dynamics etc. and psychoacoustic considerations like proper instrument panning/depth etc. is also impressive. That is what truly makes a mock-up live as much as it can, regardless of the sample libraries or other technology you have.

This sounds really really impressive just as everybody is saying here. Great work! :)

Well, I'm going to guess that much of it is Cinesamples. :)

Interesting you say that. Looked on their website, and their demo/mockup of The Planet Krypton pales compared to this one of Riding the Lizard.

http://images.cinesamples.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/CSCB_Krypton.mp3