Superman Returns - La-La Land 2CD Set Discussion

OneBuckFilms

Darn, It makes sense why they dropped it, seeing how the choir was so short, but still.

So, Return to Krypton, does it use any Williams themes? or is it Ottman's original material?

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find a separate thread for Superman Returns...but I want to say I think it is great. I didn't pay much attention to this score before the La-La Land release, but the release shows it in a truly amazing light. I think that Ottman's original themes for the film are excellent, and what he does with his own love theme and Williams' love theme is wonderful. They work very well together, with the new theme being sadder and more reflective for Superman/Lois' old connection. I just think it's a great score and this is one of the releases I've enjoyed most from the past year!

Yeah, I have to agree. It offers you a bit larger perspective on things. I don't want to over-spam the thread with too much self-serving nonsense, but it so happens I wrote a review of this album a few weeks ago and you can read it here..

Karol

• 8 years later...

I wouldn't necessarily say "highlights", but I was happy to have the Return to Krypton demo cue. There are also a couple to have the heist and Metropolis earthquake cues. I also liked the early statement of Can You Read My Mind as Clark sees Lois on TV. A couple of Lex Luthor bits. None of it is particularly great music but were nice to have. 

Karol

Is the statement from the Fortress of Solitude from S:TM on this set? I'm referring to the part in the film where Lois sees Kal-El for the first time when he boards the plane and asks "are you okay"? Or was that tracked music?