BloodBoal

The only comfort for me is that all those people who create those threads will someday be dead!

;)

Karol

One small fact...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au8iyNFhLX8

To have at a glance lists of cues related by mood could be a valuable resource to have in a sub-forum, where they can easily be found. There will always be disagreement, but overall they may well serve as a kind of reference that could be added to and not float away as a kind of flash-in-the-pan JWfad.

In fact, these threads sound a lot like old anthologies of music they used to use for accompanying silent movies, probably the best known being Erno Rapee's Motion Picture Moods, which listed some fifty categories of cue types including:

- Battle

- Chase

- Children

- Dances

- Grotesque

- Humorous

- Joyfulness

- Love-Themes

- Misterioso

- Monotony

- Quietude

- Sadness

- Sinister

As you can see, many of these categories correspond to the "most"-type threads we have here. I suggest we start a sub-forum that incorporates the threads and allows for new ones to be started on other moods, perhaps along the lines suggested here.

I voted 2. I don't mind threads about this stuff, but the problem is that the adjectives are too broad so they basically float all over the place. I've always preferred topics with a more CONCRETE parameter. I know....I don't have to click them (and I don't), but I would rather encourage more specific threads.

The existing threads could be merged into one where people can discuss the cues they find the most [insert adjective]. The posts beginning the discussion about a certain cue or adjective could be categorised and linked to in the main post via links.

This would probably end up being a rather chaotic thread, but at least the forum wouldn't be cluttered with separate threads.

Perhaps just not allowing any other [insert adjective]-threads to be created is a better option.

I voted the option "too many Hobbit threads".

Me too death to all hobbits. Slow painful deaths.