Phillip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

KK

So tragic. He was a really great actor, one of the best around.

Loved his performances in so many films... Magnolia, Boogie Nights, Capote, The Master, even Mission: Impossible 3.

Karol

He was bloody brilliant in almost everything he did. Few actors were so versatile. I was looking forward to his next film too (I'm not sure if he was signed onto PTA's next project) and then this happens...

This really bums me out.

It was announced only two days ago that Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal was cast in his upcoming directional effort. Wow.

And he was also supposed to star in a 10-episode series for Showtime, which likely hasn't started production. It also makes me wonder how many scenes he finished for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Parts 1 & 2... I think they'll have to recast and reshoot those scenes if the key ones aren't done.

I only saw him in Twister, never saw any of his other movies (or shows). Sad to hear about this though...

Since a syringe was found in his arm guess can be that it was an overdose.

Such sad news! He was one of my favourite actors. And he was so young. :(

Overdose apparently. Avoidable. Hard to sympathize. Oh well.

That's always an easy thing to say for people not addicted to hard drugs (Wojo?)...and for a lot of creative people, it can be a temptation hard to resist if it helps to unleash creative power. RIP PSH...you graced many pictures with your magnetic presence.

There's no such thing as natural death from medical point of view, is there?

Karol

Not really. Death by old age for example doesn't really exist from a scientific point of view.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. There's something causing it. It's usually pneumonia or something like that.

Karol

If drugs help "unleash creative power" then they are no different to performance enhancing drugs in sports. Creative people should be tested by studios at all times! Especially when studios invest a lot of money in them!

It was announced only two days ago that Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal was cast in his upcoming directional effort. Wow.

And he was also supposed to star in a 10-episode series for Showtime, which likely hasn't started production. It also makes me wonder how many scenes he finished for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Parts 1 & 2... I think they'll have to recast and reshoot those scenes if the key ones aren't done.

For some reason the show "Happyish" is shown as being in post production on imdb: www.imdb.com/title/tt3095080/combined

Of course, it might be misinformation.

As for Hunger Games:

"Apparently Hoffman’s work as Plutarch Heavensbee was almost completed on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I and he had seven days remaining to shoot on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2. This tragedy will not affect the films’ scheduled release dates."

That's a trash addiction and the world is better off without him.

He was a heroin user, not a dealer or middleman, for fuck's sake. Was he flooding smack and crack into the ghetto? I think not.

All drug users should die. What's wrong with just getting drunk?

Yes, avoidable. The man died with a syringe in his arm. That's a trash addiction and the world is better off without him.

What a massive prick you are. Congrats.

It's this or watching the Super Bowl. Get bent.

Overdose apparently. Avoidable. Hard to sympathize. Oh well.

PSH was well-aware of his addictions and he went to rehab at least three times to try to overcome it. Some people overcome it, some don't, and some don't overcome it even when they get help and do the right things. Addiction is nothing to be ashamed of... it happens.

Yes, avoidable. The man died with a syringe in his arm. That's a trash addiction and the world is better off without him.

Just out of interest, were you a fan of Breaking Bad?
Yes because it was fantasy. But Jane did get what was coming to her.

I don't appreciate the cult of personality that surrounds actors. Especially the druggies. They commit stupid suicide and it's supposed to be so sad. No. It's not.

I don't appreciate the cult of personality that surrounds actors. Especially the druggies. They commit stupid suicide and it's supposed to be so sad. No. It's not.

Ok, why is not sad?

All drug users should die. What's wrong with just getting drunk?

Drink can kill you too. Look at Richard Burton.