Phillip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

KK

It's just really not the type of film he should be remembered for. He was fine in MI: III, but has done much better stuff.

My thoughts exactly. I think they mentioned MI III so that the average Joe wouldn't feel stupid. (The Master? Magnolia? Huh?)

Also. it's his higest-grossing film, by far. Honestly, who in Out-In-The-Sticks, Idaho, has seen "The Master"?

50 bags of heroine were found in his house, that hardly sounds like idleness....

Well that's the word reverso gaves me for désœuvrement, in french, lack of anything better to do.

Actually weird that he got hooked on heroine. I thought Hollywood ran on cocaine?

Robert Downey Jr. was hooked on all three during his bad boy days from the 1980s to early 2000s. And he's been sober for over 10 years. It's sad that PSH wasn't able to do that.

Yeah, its a bloody shame.

I've been seeing a lot of clips and bits of news of actors/directors paying tribute to Hoffman lately. In particular was a clip of a very somber Cate Blanchett, going to Hoffman's children with gifts. It was sad to watch.

Robert Downey Jr. was hooked on all three during his bad boy days from the 1980s to early 2000s. And he's been sober for over 10 years. It's sad that PSH wasn't able to do that.

Apparently he was sober for many years, until it caught up with him a while ago.

Yes. He sobered up around the age of 22. The addiction kicked in again 2 or 3 years ago, and he went to rehab to try and stop it a couple of months ago.

Apparently he was sober for many years, until it caught up with him a while ago.

I got the impression he struggled even during those sober years. Maybe it was his separation from his girlfriend that triggered his relapse a few years back.

I got the impression he struggled even during those sober years. Maybe it was his separation from his girlfriend that triggered his relapse a few years back.

That's the same for anyone who's been addicted to hard drugs. It's a lifelong thing - the temptation never passes.

You are right, but people and the law does make a very definite distinction between alcohol and most other drugs (apart from caffeine and nicotinea).

It always seemed to be that alcohol, despite it being much much easier to obtain then hard drugs is a bit harder to get really seriously addicted to. I mean in becoming an alcoholic.

Well the few people I have seen take to drugs went from bad to worse in quite a short time.

Also, alcohol you can enjoy in small measures. You know, having a beer or a glass of wine.

Does a heroine addict shoot up a tiny dose, just to enhance dinner?