Happy Birthday John Williams..!

Sandor

Rejoice, rejoice it's Maestro's day,
rejoice, rejoice now hear this lay!
Now bells you ring,
now dance and sing,
John Williams still reigns supreme king!

Happy Birthday, Maestro! Still going strong at 82!

Thank you from the deep of my heart for bringing so much joy to my own little life. The world is certainly a better place thanks to your magnificent music.

john-williams-american-composer-everett.

I was going to write something very similar, so I'll just copy it.

A very happy 82nd to you, Maestro. Your music inspired me to learn to play piano and see movies in an entirely new way.

Happy Birthday to both Johnny and Alan.

Thank you!

Do you really need to remind him of his previous shameful username? That's cold, even by my standards.

But, having said that, have a bloody Happy Birthday. Not bloody, as in bloody, but bloody as an enhancement to the rest of the sentence..

Karol

Dear Mr. Williams,

This post is to offer you 2 things.

Firstly; I encountered your music when, in 1975, I went to see "The Towering Inferno", at my local cinema. I liked the film so much, that I was soon listening to the record album of the score...and loving it.

I have followed your career over the past 40-odd-years, and I have never ceased to be amazed, enlightened, and, sometimes, scared to death, by your scores.

To say that your scores have been the soundtrack to my life, is insulting, and rather silly. It's far more important than that! Your music has been a constant companion, uplifting me when I needed it to, and calming me when I wanted it to. My life would be greatly diminished by the absence of your scores.

If all this makes me sound like a gushing fan-boy, then I make no apology, for that is exactly what I am!

What I want to say is this: thank-you for bringing musical joy into my life, for giving me the opportunity of watching you conduct your music live, and for writing, quite simply, the best damned music I have ever heard!!!

Oh! I almost forgot: the other thing I wanted to say is "happy birthday", surely the best of times. Thank-you, Mr. Williams, for giving me the best of all musical times. Don't ever stop.

Apologies for being late, but I was away on vacation for all of last week and just returned to the office today.

It's fantastic to know that the maestro has made it to 82 years of age, and that he is continuing to write music every single day, and that it's still very good!

I think it's interesting to cut his life in half - look at the scores he composed from birth until he turned 41 in February of 1973, compared to the scores he's composed since turning 41. WOW! Makes me not feel so bad for not having accomplished much in my 34 years.

Happy birthday Maestro Williams, may you continue to wow us with music for many more years to come! Can't wait for the Boston Pops concert in June!