The actor/actress you just can't stand

Joni Wiljami

This just came to my mind when I wanted to see The Gravity, the special effects and the award winning haunting music. But...

I just can't because I learned Sandra Bollocks is in there and I just can't stand her.

Not that bad as the queen of them all: Maryl Streep.

Other ones may occur to my mind later because now I'm too upset after typing HER name.

Some actors, whose films I automatically will skip:

- Will Smith

- Bruce Willis

- Brendan Fraser

- Adam Sandler

All of them, no charisma, full of themselves, too obvious; never surprising...etc... argh!

Discuss

Anyone who pontificates about politics during award acceptance speeches.

How irritating that can be indeed, I still can't categorise those one to the annoying ones(as an actor/actress).

Steve Carrell

In my book, can't qualify in here because can also be good. Like in Little miss sunshine.

There are names on posts of people I don't care for but if I can sit through a film "scored" by Hanz then I can watch any actors film.

Steve Zahn

Donal Logue

RZA (is it fair to actors to categorize him as one?)

Josh Gad

Milla Jovovich

Jason Schwartzman

There are names on posts of people I don't care for but if I can sit through a film "scored" by Hanz then I can watch any actors film.

Vice versa for me. I can sit through hansu scored film, if its good. But I can't sit through any of Meryl starred film.

So Horner you won't watch Meryl Streep, the greatest actress of any age. The actress who gave cinema's finest single performance ever? You're saying she has no charisma never surprising? I'm sorry but even though it's against the rules I'm laughing.

Sandra in Gravity is great. Without her performance Gravity has no gravity.

But hang on - doesn't Hornist tend to feel major indifference towards most movies in general anyway?

Anyway, my answer is basically anyone with a face you want to punch.

The polar opposite of that criteria being Dianne Wiest, who has the most adorable movie face ever.

I don't find her 'sexy' in that sense either. She's a beautiful woman, I think; but I just want to give her a cuddle like she's my favorite aunt or something daft like that. Just watch at her in The Lost Boys! Absolutely adorable.

So Horner you won't watch Meryl Streep, the greatest actress of any age. The actress who gave cinema's finest single performance ever? You're saying she has no charisma never surprising? I'm sorry but even though it's against the rules I'm laughing.

Sandra in Gravity is great. Without her performance Gravity has no gravity.

Thank you for the promotion fom the hornist to Horner!!! Meryl is sadly the greatest over actor in the history. Nothing natural there.

If Sandra is great in Gravity good for her, maybe i'll check that out.

Is that the truth, TheGreateye doesn't like DDL?

I liked Daniel Day Lewis before he became Captain Hook the Actooor in everything.

For eg I think he's great in In the Name of the Father, The Last of the Mohicans and The Age of Innocence.

...cinema's finest single performance ever...

Well, don't keep us waiting! Which one?

Sophie's Choice. One of the top 3 or 4 performances ever in film history.

Laurence Harvey

Oh come on! He's really only been in one movie and it was one of the most chilling performances I've ever witnessed!

Give the man some sandpaper, barbed wire and some unsterilised kitchen utensils and he'll do magic!

Off the top of my head two main offenders because they are bland and dull dish water

Keanu Reeves, you could replace him with a cardboard figure and it would convey more human emotion and nuance

Orlando Bloom (only good role he ever did was Legolas and that is because he doesn't have to emote so much, which fits his expressionless face)

And then the other end of the spectrum the one and only

Nicolas Cage: no charisma but goes beyond the pale with his performances. Just crazy in a bad way.

George Clooney because he doesn't play a role as much as he plays George Clooney in every role he does.

Some names being dropped here that I absolutely love.

Like?

Cate Blanchett

Meryl Streep

Daniel Day Lewis

Simon Pegg

Has no one seen George Clooney in Syriana?

Obviously he plays George Clooney with some sort of twist in there. I have seen the film but can't remember anything particularly special or different in Clooney's performance.

Some names being dropped here that I absolutely love.

Like?
George Clooney is one of my favorite actors. Brad Pitt. Cate Blanchett. Ricky Gervais.

I have no issues with several others mentioned. And I recall someone saying Mila Kunis?! She's gorgeous.

George Clooney because he doesn't play a role as much as he plays George Clooney in every role he does.

That's like saying you hate Cary Grant for being so Cary Grant. Actors are actors, stars are stars and they can't be measured by the same yardstick.

That's like saying you hate Cary Grant for being so Cary Grant. Actors are actors, stars are stars and they can't be measured by the same yardstick.

Yet they can irritate just the same. Some stars just are more palatable, like Cary Grant. Clooney's playing Clooney just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. It sometimes works when the character he is playing has something in common with Clooney's roguish charm but when he is playing something different he feels lost in the part.

Nicolas Cage: no charisma but goes beyond the pale with his performances. Just crazy in a bad way.

nicolas-cage-hair-is-a-bird.jpg

Damn, the "my hair is a bird defense"! I give up!

Yet they can irritate just the same. Some stars just are more palatable, like Cary Grant. Clooney's playing Clooney just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. It sometimes works when the character he is playing has something in common with Clooney's roguish charm but when he is playing something different he feels lost in the part.

For sure, that's why 'STARS' often are very fuzzy about taking roles not tailored to their personalities, Clooney tends to be a bit more adventurous in that regard. Though i give him credit that in a lot of those roles he's just playing to get the movie off the ground with his star appeal.

Laurence Harvey

Oh come on! He's really only been in one movie and it was one of the most chilling performances I've ever witnessed!

Give the man some sandpaper, barbed wire and some unsterilised kitchen utensils and he'll do magic!

I thought he was pretty wooden in the otherwise excellent MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, but the film where he was utterly punchable was THE LONG AND THE SHORT AND THE TALL.