New Interview with John Williams: 30th anniversary of "Olympic Fanfare and Theme"

Oskar

Is that new, more oomphy recording? Has that been around since Beijing?

I believe it was from the bumper/intro pieces recorded before Beijing. However, it would not surprise me if he re-recorded the whole piece at that time.

I haven;t heard anything new on the broadcasts except 1 or 2 bumpers I hadn't heard before

I recorded a few more but transferring them as music files on my PC will b e more tricky this time

New JW interview about his Olympic Theme, or just old material?

I love his reaction at 2:07.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/today-hollywood-influence-olympic-theme-music

My apologies if this has been posted already.

Hey, how come you can see it in the Netherlands and I can't watch it in Norway ('content unavailable')?

Well the robotic (but courteous) female voice doesn't allow me to watch it either.

Screw you Scandinavians! I just watched it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gentleman to the last eh Steef?

Grand-Moff-Tarkin.jpg

New JW interview about his Olympic Theme, or just old material?

I love his reaction at 2:07.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/today-hollywood-influence-olympic-theme-music

My apologies if this has been posted already.

Hey, how come you can see it in the Netherlands and I can't watch it in Norway ('content unavailable')?

I used hola

So I would need to install some software?

Nope. Did you click Oskar's link? You just paste in the URL in the box there then pick a country to be

There are a million other sites that do the same thing, that's just one example. You guys haven't gotten used to using proxy sites yet?

no, is there any negatives to installing it? I don't want it to change some Internet settings in Windows that will make my PC have problems for regular websurfing or security issues

I'd just find a different proxy site that doesn't require you to install a plugin if you're that paranoid. There's a million of them

I'm uploading it to YouTube. Should be available in a few minutes.

Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

This video contains content from International Olympic Committee, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Wow, that was fast.

It is not just anybody who can watch short documents on Olympic music is it. Only the few and chosen. ;)

It's actually quite remarkable. The theme plays during the whole thing as Williams comments on it. It takes the necessary time and the master is his usual humble and affable self. He's really something!

I'll never forget the opening ceremony of the 1984 Games. His playing his theme was definitely the high point of the evening (middle of the night here actually).

Thirty years... My God, has it been that long?

I'll never forget the opening ceremony of the 1984 Games. His playing his theme was definitely the high point of the evening (middle of the night here actually).

Not to forget the brilliant (new :D ) music from ROTJ that was included to the ceremony. Oh, the memories. :crymore:

Not to forget the brilliant (new :D ) music from ROTJ that was included to the ceremony. Oh, the memories. :crymore:

The ROTJ music was heard at the closing ceremony, and it was preceded by the amazing conversation with the UFO. I found it so unbelievable I was in tears during the entire segment (starts at 5:15):

I confess I had tears in my eyes at the opening and closing ceremonies too!

And then Lionel Ritchie sang "All Night Long", didn't he?

Great feelings of elation and joy all along.

The ROTJ music was heard at the closing ceremony, and it was preceded by the amazing conversation with the UFO. I found it so unbelievable I was in tears during the entire segment (starts at 5:15):

Of course in the closing ceremony. My bad, cause I'm still crying and moved.

Of course in the closing ceremony. My bad, cause I'm still crying and moved.

I take it that you as a Finnish man have imbibed some alcoholic substances to show such a major emotional expression as crying. Or do the Olympics in all forms and expressions form an exception to the rule? ;)