Marvel / Netflix : Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist (The Defenders)

Jay

• 1 month later...

There's also this

And a slightly longer version with different music

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Tennant was the best thing in season 1.

They realize that and that's why they want him back for S2.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Sure, but he's dead!

A minor detail.

These shows should rely on the strength of their main characters instead of focusing so much on the villains.  Marvel has no faith in Krysten Ritter!

These shows are about fast food TV entertainment and Tennant does that better than Ritter! I'm pretty sure the writers had more fun with that character as well. Villains are more colorful.

Three episodes into The Defenders and it's good, but there's a niggling feeling in the back of my mind that somewhere all of it will fall into the same sloppy trap that The Avengers fell into. I'm under the strong impression that the standalone, individual series of each hero in the show is something special because, for a series you can push the fact out of your mind that there aren't other heroes and villains in it to diminish what makes each of them special. However, it was always leading to this team-up show and so far it looks like they've handled everything with care.

What I noticed and liked about the design of the show is how before each hero meets up in the third episode, every scene involving them is lit with their signature colours: Blue - Jessica Jones, Red - Daredevil, Yellow - Luke Cage, and Green - Iron Fist. Although it became hard to unsee that colouring design which made it distraction I would try to find each episode.

Oh, and each transition between the characters reminded me of when you're changing characters in GTA:V :D

• 1 month later...

Me and ze kid are watching The Defenders (Hahaha, from Twin Peaks to The Defenders) and I must say that I'm noticing that I kinda like the music. It's quite rare that this happens to me. I wonder if this phenomenon will reoccur. 

• 1 year later...

Did any JWFanners stick with this series of shows til the end? I only saw Daredevil 1, Jessica Jones 1, and Luke Cage 1 then kinda just never watched any more. 

Watched Daredevil 1-3, Jessica Jones 1 and a half of 2, Luke Cage 1 (plus 1 episode of 2), Iron Fist 1, The Defenders and one episode of The Punisher. It was mostly a waste of time.

Karol

Watched all of Daredevil and Luke Cage

Defenders, JJ1 and JJ2, and Punishers first season.

The only waste there was Defenders and half of Daredevils 2nd season.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I guess that means Marvel is making them canon to the MCU?

I only watched the first seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, then gave up

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I wonder if this means more R rated content will reach Disney+? 

Originally in the US my understanding was that family friendly content would go on Disney+ and R rated stuff would go on Hulu, whereas in other countries the R rated stuff would show up on a sub-division of Disney+ called "Star" that we don't have over here.

Along with the announcement of the Marvel Netflix shows coming over they are also adding parental controls settings to Disney+ in the US. Could we see more Hulu/Star content come to Disney+ in the US ?

Hopefully!

Disney owns plenty of R-rated fair now like their own Crimson Tide and Pretty Woman, or their Fox-acquired Die Hard, Alien, and Predator, you'd think they'd want to stop licensing all those out to netlfix or Amazon Prime and make them exclusive to their own service

Because of Star those things are already on Disney+ in my country.

Since Star was added I am able to add pincodes to each account and then set a certain age range to each account