NEW Williams title coming from La-La Land Records June 16th 2015

Amer

Humor. It is a difficult concept.

I thought that was funny. I knew it was a joke. The blank expression was sarcastic... Never mind.

I wonder what the next expanded release of John Williams' work will be after this release (referring to the other LLL release in the Fall).

Who says there's another Williams release in the works?

"... from the La La Land team during the Tracksounds soundcast in which they won the label of the year award for 2013. They have 2 John Williams projects in line for 2014. First one is expected around spring (or summer) schedule and the 2nd one around Fall 2014. All subject to approvals but you guys can take your guess."

"You can listen to the podcast here:"

http://www.tracksounds.com/default.htm

The first is Empire of the Sun, as has been recently revealed.

I wonder what the second expanded release will be.

Hard to say what the next one will be without any direct clues. We know that Harry Potter will probably happen, but I don't think it will happen this year.

• 2 months later...

I predict that La La Land Records' next expanded release of the Maestro's music will be announced and released sometime between September and October.

Totally agreed. If they have another one coming, I'm sure it'd be a Black Friday title and not sooner.

"... from the La La Land team during the Tracksounds soundcast in which they won the label of the year award for 2013. They have 2 John Williams projects in line for 2014. First one is expected around spring (or summer) schedule and the 2nd one around Fall 2014. All subject to approvals but you guys can take your guess."

That quote changes nothing. La-La Land tends to release later than they predict/hope. Besides, Black Friday IS in the fall.

That quote changes nothing. La-La Land tends to release later than they predict/hope. Besides, Black Friday IS in the fall.

Exactly.

Oh, I believe then maybe this upcoming Williams release is the one that someone wept for... :mrgreen:

And since Neil S. Bulk said it will be a huge success, maybe Star Wars complete I-VI?

(I can't think of anything else being a huge success.. Jerry Goldsmith perhaps, but which score is left to be released that would be a huge one?)

And with the upcoming Star Wars VII, this will be even huge and maybe purchased by people too that aren't regular film score fans..

Sorry, just totally random guesses here about each clue..

Oh, I believe then maybe this upcoming Williams release is the one that someone wept for... :mrgreen:

And since Neil S. Bulk said it will be a huge success, maybe Star Wars complete I-VI?

(I can't think of anything else being a huge success.. Jerry Goldsmith perhaps, but which score is left to be released that would be a huge one?)

And with the upcoming Star Wars VII, this will be even huge and maybe purchased by people too that aren't regular film score fans..

Sorry, just totally random guesses here about each clue..

Perhaps E.T.?

I know that Black Friday is in the Fall; I was just giving the word from the source that another expanded release will be coming soon.

From this interview: http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddgilchrist/2014/04/30/la-la-land-star-trek-soundtrack-original-series/

Some exciting box sets are on the horizon, not to mention some long-requested archival releases from John Williams and others

I believe so. The first was Empire of the Sun. The second release is coming soon.

E.T. NEEDS to include the Universal Studios ride score. Unless by some miracle it leaks (doubtful, despite being seemingly totally doable if one of us could get hired in the sound department at Universal Studios Florida), a label release like this is our only chance of getting it. It's some of Williams' greatest work. Ever.

If done right.

I dont want to triple-dip on a faulty product..

Quintuple dip? Officially, you need:

- 1982 album

- 1996 Remixed, Remastered and Expanded

- LaserDisc isolated score

- 20th Anniversary

Unofficially (sort of), you need:

- DVD 20th Anniversary premiere live performance

- Michael Jackson album

Quintuple dip? Officially, you need:

- 1982 album

- 1996 Remixed, Remastered and Expanded

- LaserDisc isolated score

- 20th Anniversary

If you combine all these, there isn't any unreleased cue from the score, right?

So, a possible new release wouldn't have anything new, except for the fact that it would combine all cues from different releases together..

Well, there are some unreleased cues that are in the score, but we assume that those are unrecorded.

I don't think anybody really knows who other stuff might have been recorded or not that hasn't been released yet, until someone can dig into the vaults

And the laserdisc iso track hardly counts as "released", since you need to own a working laserdisc player to legally play it in it's released form.

If stuff's missing it's not the label's fault. A lot of times things are missing...missing masters or someone stole them. Or the composer doesn't want everything on the release. You should know the game by now.

• 1 month later...

Just an update the La La Land 2nd JW title scheduled for this year has now been deferred to 2015. You can go back to your EMPIRE OF THE SUN complete 2cd set in the meantime. ;)

Just an update the La La Land 2nd JW title scheduled for this year has now been deferred to 2015. You can go back to your EMPIRE OF THE SUN complete 2cd set in the meantime. ;)

Where did you hear this?

I'm sorry, who are you?

Where did you hear this?

from the Big folks at La La Land. It has do with the delays in approval, artwork etc.. stay tuned. ;)

Where did you hear this?

from the Big folks at La La Land. It has do with the delays in approval, artwork etc.. stay tuned. ;)

Is this posted on a message board somewhere that you are not bothering to link to, or is this something they have told you in person?

"... from the La La Land team during the Tracksounds soundcast in which they won the label of the year award for 2013. They have 2 John Williams projects in line for 2014. First one is expected around spring (or summer) schedule and the 2nd one around Fall 2014. All suubject to approvals but you guys can take your guess.""You can listen to the podcast here:"http://www.tracksounds.com/default.htm

Where did you hear this?

Is this posted on a message board somewhere that you are not bothering to link to, or is this something they have told you in person?

Yes Jason personaly from MV. If it was posted on.another website I would have shared that link.

Ah OK.

Well I guess I can reveal that MV told me the same thing.

Hopefully the necessary approvals will happen soon. Nothing that we, and the guys at LLL, can do but wait!

0%.

I found out during my LA trip that Sony has the exclusive rights to release Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy music through 2020. And if they wanted to release new versions of those scores, it would require motivated executives at Sony, Fox, AND Disney to make it happen - not to mention the approval of Williams.

Don't expect new official releases of the old Star Wars scores any time soon, folks.