NEW Williams title coming from La-La Land Records June 16th 2015

Amer

Sorry, I guess I get sensitive about labels getting to announce their own projects instead of fans announcing things for them.

Why?

If fans receive valid and correct info about a possible future score release I for one want to hear it. Regardless of whether the labels would prefer to announce it themselves.

Are you sure you aren't rubbing shoulders with the labels too much? Don't loose perspective.

You know how OCD he gets!

Oh, Ok.

By the way, I miss those FSM Williams releases.

It seemed like the label that would most likely release early vintage Williams.

I don't think lalaland or another label now would release things like The Secret Ways, Daddy's gone A-hunting, The Plainsman and such stuff..

I think that may be a sad prospect, yes.

As everyone knows, I'm not interested in expansions of anything, so the only new Williams I will buy at this point is completely unreleased stuff. Of course, the constant stream of expansions is a great relief for my wallet, but I'm still longing for a brand new (or "old new") Williams.

LLL is mostly into expansions, so I doubt they'll ever do something like that. But I hope a label like Intrada -- who have previously released unreleased Williams -- can come to the fore in FSM's absence.

Jason....Why do you keep asking who am i? You and i are even friends on Facebook and MV is a friend too...so there ;)

Sorry, I guess I get sensitive about labels getting to announce their own projects instead of fans announcing things for them. But this obviously is the exact opposite of an announcement, just the reveal that a delay happened that he hadn't posted publicly himself yet. Since he has told both you and me that it was delayed, I am sure he doesn't mind it being "out there" that the Williams title they brought up in that radio interview has been delayed.

I was just having a bad day yesterday, sorry about that! Peace and love!

"Apology Accepted,..... General Needa"...LOL. Seriously no issue here and you have rounded out my good intentions, so thank you ! cheers and my salams to you.

Oh, Ok.

I don't think lalaland or another label now would release things like The Secret Ways, Daddy's gone A-hunting, The Plainsman and such stuff..

As everyone knows, I'm not interested in expansions of anything, so the only new Williams I will buy at this point is completely unreleased stuff. Of course, the constant stream of expansions is a great relief for my wallet, but I'm still longing for a brand new (or "old new") Williams.

LLL is mostly into expansions, so I doubt they'll ever do something like that. But I hope a label like Intrada -- who have previously released unreleased Williams -- can come to the fore in FSM's absence.

With you man. Can't stand it when they add previously unreleased music in a new CD. The unreleased bits were axed for a good reason!

Oh, Ok.

With you man. Can't stand it when they add previously unreleased music in a new CD. The unreleased bits were axed for a good reason!

So, I believe you have only the 1982 Ost of E.T., right?

Sometimes I wonder how much I would get for selling my CD collection...

Yes, it's tempting, but what would you buy afterwards with those money?

Anyway, i wouldn't feel right selling at absurd prices any rare item I have.

And I did sell 2 OOP BLurays, the one currently starting from $100 and going up to $500.

But I sold it at regular price + shipping I had paid for.

I collect them, so I don't want to sell them. I don't even give away older releases when they are made obsolete by re-releases. But quite a lot of the albums I have seem to be going for prices of $100 or more nowadays. SAE currently has the Varese Herrmann box for $700!

I collect them, so I don't want to sell them. I don't even give away older releases when they are made obsolete by re-releases. But quite a lot of the albums I have seem to be going for prices of $100 or more nowadays. SAE currently has the Varese Herrmann box for $700!

Yeah it's weird to look at one's collection and see how much it's worth. I've spent thousands on my Criterion Collection alone :folder:

"... from the La La Land team during the Tracksounds soundcast in which they won the label of the year award for 2013. They have 2 John Williams projects in line for 2014. First one is expected around spring (or summer) schedule and the 2nd one around Fall 2014. All subject to approvals but you guys can take your guess."

"You can listen to the podcast here:"

http://www.tracksounds.com/default.htm

Just an update the La La Land 2nd JW title scheduled for this year has now been deferred to 2015.

Oh, man! The eager wait continues... Well, anything that is delayed is definitely worth waiting for, especially when it comes to the Maestro. Plus, we also get his piece "Conversations" released in 2015 as well. Great stuff.

"... from the La La Land team during the Tracksounds soundcast in which they won the label of the year award for 2013. They have 2 John Williams projects in line for 2014. First one is expected around spring (or summer) schedule and the 2nd one around Fall 2014. All subject to approvals but you guys can take your guess."

"You can listen to the podcast here:"

http://www.tracksounds.com/default.htm

Just an update the La La Land 2nd JW title scheduled for this year has now been deferred to 2015. You can go back to your EMPIRE OF THE SUN complete 2cd set in the meantime. ;)

Where did you hear this?

from the Big folks at La La Land. It has do with the delays in approval, artwork etc.. stay tuned. ;)

Why are you winking? Is there more to this. Well, my guess on the announcement / release is January or February of next year. Only a few months.

Ah OK.

Well I guess I can reveal that MV told me the same thing.

Hopefully the necessary approvals will happen soon. Nothing we, and the guys at LLL, can do but wait!

I agree. Lets hope that its not a big delay to this exquisite release. But I can also add that MV teased as follows " ... 2015 will have some great stuff by him :) "

Oh, great. More anticipation. Not only this, but Star Wars, Episode VII too!

Yes, Episode VII, but St. James Place too!

What are you talking about? The only other things thus confirmed other than Star Wars, Episode VII are the untitled Cold War thriller by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks, and B.F.G. The Big Friendly Giant (also directed by Spielberg). One of the two Spielberg projects will be next year, if I remember correctly.

Just tell me the name of the delayed LLL release when you know it. I don't want to be hyped for HP 1 or 2 or 3 for a year and then they release Heartbeeps The Definitive Edition. Which would be of course awesome but not that awesome.

For me there are a few scores left I would sorely like to own from JWs catalogue as I don't own then on CD yet:

The Towering Inferno

Paper Chase

Conrack

The Sugarland Express + any previously unreleased score like Gidget Goes to Rome or Daddy-O or Secret Ways.

And I welcome with open arms any expansion of a previously unexpanded score.

Just tell me the name of the delayed LLL release when you know it. I don't want to be hyped for HP 1 or 2 or 3 for a year and then they release Heartbeeps The Definitive Edition. Which would be of course awesome but not that awesome.

For me there are a few scores left I would sorely like to own from JWs catalogue as I don't own then on CD yet:

The Towering Inferno

Paper Chase

Conrack

The Sugarland Express + any previously unreleased score like Gidget Goes to Rome or Daddy-O or Secret Ways.

Of the expanded ones, a Memoirs of Geisha complete would be tremendous!!!

I hadn't appreciated much the score when it was first released, but I did much later..

The Towering Inferno

Paper Chase

Conrack

Of the expanded ones, a Memoirs of Geisha complete would be tremendous!!!

I hadn't appreciated much the score when it was first released, but I did much later..

Memoirs is certainly one worthy of expansion but there is a long line up of big scores that need it perhaps more sorely at the moment. I would love to hear all the different variations both Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman woven and improvised at the sessions. You can hear snippets of their work on the music documentary of the Memoirs and there are some tantalizing variations they seem to pull between takes. Plus there is a good deal of the actual film score still unreleased of course.

Oh they all are worthy of expansion. I would just prefer to have some sooner than others.

What John Williams scores are "unworthy" of expansion?

All of them, although I wouldn't use the word 'unworthy'. Rather 'unnecessary'.

On my fantasy island, there would only be Williams' original album edits and nothing else. I fear I might be dreadfully alone on that island. :)

CALLED IT!!

CALLED IT!!

You don't have to call it. It comes without calling.

On my fantasy island, there would only be Williams' original album edits and nothing else. I fear I might be dreadfully alone on that island. :)

Yeah I don't know why people clamor for all these crappy tracks he rightfully axed. Have you ever heard that track Carbon Freeze? There's nothing albummy about that piece at all. It's just a load of film scorey filler with no relevance to the wider album narrative.

Yeah I don't know why people clamor for all these crappy tracks he rightfully axed. Have you ever heard that track Carbon Freeze? There's nothing albummy about that piece at all. It's just a load of film scorey filler with no relevance to the wider album narrative.

Oh lordy Thor has found his first convert!

I think we should do a thread with the best cue ever from an expanded/complete release that wasn't included in the original ost. (or that was severely edited in the ost)

(I would probably pick E.T. End Credits)

I think we should do a thread with the best cue ever from an expanded/complete release that wasn't included in the original ost. (or that was severely edited in the ost)

(I would probably pick E.T. End Credits)

They're all terrible! That's why they're not on the OST.

I would speculate that the next line of title could easily be from the Warner archive or even Universal. Since the success of EMPIRE OF THE SUN to which even Mike Mattessino eluded to one of his essays as opening to new doors/projects. And we have been lucky with LLL's recent batch of goodies such as HOOK, JANE EYRE, HOME ALONE 1 & 2, ROSEWOOD, 1941 and now EMPIRE OF THE SUN so lets see. Make a wish list and the likely release title are in there.