NEW Williams title coming from La-La Land Records June 16th 2015

Amer

• 1 month later...
Great News!

La La Land gearing up for another JOHN WILLIAMS title for a possible May release!

Here is what LLL post on their Facebook Empire of the Sun message:

Did I mention that we are wrapping up another William's expansion now? Artwork goes into the studio for approval shortly. Hopefully by May we will see the final product.

I'll say the Gates at Warner bros have been opened ;) let the speculation begin!

WB title? Hmmm The Accidental Tourist the Super Deluxe Edition? The Witches of Eastwick? JFK the Ultimate Edition?

WB title? Hmmm The Accidental Tourist the Super Deluxe Edition? The Witches of Eastwick? JFK the Ultimate Edition?

Is there even anything to expand with those scores? I don't recall any missing cues from them.

Is there even anything to expand with those scores? I don't recall any missing cues from them.

For Accidental Tourist, according to the FSM OST re-release liner notes about 4 minutes, for The Witches of Eastwick around 20 minutes and for JFK some undetermined amount as the film has several Williams composed pieces not on the album.

I would not spit in the face of a Harry Potter release but I highly doubt they have gotten that one out of the studio hands.

For Accidental Tourist, according to the FSM OST re-release liner notes about 4 minutes, for The Witches of Eastwick around 20 minutes and for JFK some undetermined amount as the film has several Williams composed pieces not on the album.

I don't have much interest in The Accidental Tourist but 20 minutes of extra Witches of Eastwick music sounds pretty interesting.

I don't have much interest in The Accidental Tourist but 20 minutes of extra Witches of Eastwick music sounds pretty interesting.

E.g. the film version of Destruction of Daryl is officially unreleased as are several smaller fun moments from the film which do flesh out the musical narrative. Williams usually prefers to present the longer pieces from his scores on the soundtrack so a lot of these minute or a bit longer pieces usually do not end on the album (unless spliced together).

I would not spit in the face of a Harry Potter release but I highly doubt they have gotten that one out of the studio hands.

Didn't MV say he can almost "smell them"?

Karol

Didn't MV say he can almost "smell them"?

Karol

Do not get your hopes up Karol! These big JW franchises tend to be elusive and slippery when it comes to complete releases.

The recent trend of John William expansions from LLL have mostly been Steven Spielberg films.. like the recent, 1941, HOOK and EMPIRE OF THE SUN.. just an observation....what Williams Spielberg scores deserves a proper expansion in your opinion?

A.I.

I'd take that over Harry Potter anyway. Well, with the exception of Azkaban.

Karol

Ditto. That is really on the top of my list. And it is a WB title.

Here's the full quote

Happy 83rd birthday to John Williams! No better way to celebrate it than to listen to our most recent William's expansion - the award winning EMPIRE OF THE SUN!

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/EmpireOfTheSun.html

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10153157347358755

And the comment

Did I mention that we are wrapping up another William's expansion now? Artwork goes into the studio for approval shortly. Hopefully by May we will see the final product. :)

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10153157347358755?comment_id=10153157918378755

Nowhere does he say the new title is also WB.

Here's the full quote

Happy 83rd birthday to John Williams! No better way to celebrate it than to listen to our most recent William's expansion - the award winning EMPIRE OF THE SUN!

http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/EmpireOfTheSun.html

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10153157347358755

And the comment

Did I mention that we are wrapping up another William's expansion now? Artwork goes into the studio for approval shortly. Hopefully by May we will see the final product. :)

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10153157347358755?comment_id=10153157918378755

Nowhere does he say the new title is also WB.

Yes I know. I would just like those WB titles to be released expanded. ;)

And I do hope it is the complete Nixon score!

It won't be The Witches Of Eastwick. Perseverance ruined any chances of that getting an expansion.

Nice going Perseverance!

Yup, at least until the Perseverance versions sells out, or their license expires - no expanded TWOE is in our future :(

A.I.

I'd take that over Harry Potter anyway. Well, with the exception of Azkaban.

Karol

Ditto. That is really on the top of my list. And it is a WB title.

Yes, I would love A.I. too..

Other than that I think I'd like to see a complete Jurassic Park with no edits and in chronological order and Memoirs of a Geisha.

Maybe Tintin too and The Patriot.

Oh, a really complete E.T. too would be great with all the alternates.

Patriot would have the most unreleased music .

No chance of Memoirs or Tintin...too recent

What's missing from the A.I. 2 c.d. promo? (apart Dr.Know sequence)

I'll buy any expanded Williams release, but really my interests lie in AI and any music from Star Wars or Indiana Jones which has not been officially released. AI seems like the only one that's even a remote possibility for LLL.

Even if they release A.I. there's no guarantee we'd get the film version of Search for the Blue Fairy. JW might insist on keeping the album version

Great News!
La La Land gearing up for another JOHN WILLIAMS title for a possible May release!
Here is what LLL post on their Facebook Empire of the Sun message:
Did I mention that we are wrapping up another William's expansion now? Artwork goes into the studio for approval shortly. Hopefully by May we will see the final product.

Excellent news. Absolutely looking forward to it.

Patriot would have the most unreleased music .

That would be great! The Patriot is one of my favorite JW scores and there's some pretty good unreleased sections of music.

I don't know about E.T. How much music is missing from the 20th Anniversary set?

The 1996 and 2002 releases of ET contained film cues only; The original grammy winning LP was full of concert arrangements and alternates, none of which are included on the expanded releases.

Additionally, there are some inserts recorded for the film that were not in either the 1996 or 2002 CD

So, we need an ultimate set with the complete film score on disc 1, and the original LP plus additional alternates on disc 2.

I'd rather see Jaws remastered, but I guess that's Intrada... hopefully.

We finally got Jaws the Revenge, so anything's possible now.

There's a score for a certain other notoriously horrendous fourth entry from another franchise that I want really badly, even if it takes another decade for it to surface.

I might say that i only vote for A. I. because of sound issues, stuff like INDY IV...come on, you have it in pristine quality, what's the rush getting it 'officially'? Also HARRY POTTER, what void does this fill that hasn't been filled 4, 5 years ago?