John Ottman - X-Men: Days of Future Past

Jay

Hopefully the set has the film version of the main titles

Indeed. It still looks like the second half of the score is mis-labeled and out of order like on the OST... wished La-La Land had been able to release this.

No, but Ottman wanted it released and by golly he got it.

Revisited this score earlier tonight and I still like it for the most part. Not terribly thematic and certainly not a masterpiece, but for me it beats most MCU scores.

I went back to the article regarding the Rogue Cut extended score release... and there is a link to Amazon for it... I hope it won't be a digital only release...guess we'll find out in 5 days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010SY1TSY/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B010SY1TSY&linkCode=as2&tag=filmusrep-20&linkId=HL6B4X3PRAJKZFAY

I went back to the article regarding the Rogue Cut extended score release... and there is a link to Amazon for it... I hope it won't be a digital only release...guess we'll find out in 5 days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010SY1TSY/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B010SY1TSY&linkCode=as2&tag=filmusrep-20&linkId=HL6B4X3PRAJKZFAY

The press releases and the amazon page both specifically list this as a "2-disc" release. If it were digital only, why would they even bother breaking the music up into discs?

Amazon or HMV haven't got it listed for release.

Where else do people buy physical CDs? I was really hoping to get this one.

Amazon or HMV haven't got it listed for release.

Um... Amazon does so have it listed. You just can't add it to the cart yet. See below (or the top of the page if you prefer):

Yes, that is an mp3 listing.

FYI, you can click on each track title to see its length.

I bought this via iTunes and I think it's a digital only release...but I can confirm it has the film version for the Main Titles...but the score is not complete....still missing material.

I too purchased this on iTunes and as Jason suspected, it's very much out of chronological order. That is, unless they shuffled a half dozen scenes around for the Rogue Cut. Also, the bootleg, the as of yet unleaked FYC, the Rogue Cut OST and the regular OST all seem to have their own unique material not found anywhere else (possibly just the two songs in the case of the regular OST). Yeah, it's one of those situations.

I too purchased this on iTunes and as Jason suspected, it's very much out of chronological order. That is, unless they shuffled a half dozen scenes around for the Rogue Cut. Also, the bootleg, the as of yet unleaked FYC, the Rogue Cut OST and the regular OST all seem to have their own unique material not found anywhere else (possibly just the two songs in the case of the regular OST). Yeah, it's one of those situations.

There is some stuff that was swapped around for this release of the SCORE only...which was weird but ya there is still material missing...

I'm finding this score really difficult to listen to not because of the music itself but the sound quality on both releases. It sounds horrible! Compressed and distorted. Not found any mention of this on the thread but has anyone else found the same?