The Greatest Movies Never Made

Koray Savas

Read this article online about the 10 best movies never made, and the incredible potential found there had me curious about some other situations.

Thoughts on the list, and any others to add?

Two that immediately came to mind were Frank Darabont's Fahrenheit 451 and Kubrick's A.I.

I had never heard about Leone's Leningrad before. Sounds like another masterpiece.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC Worldwide (International Site)

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.

The Lord of the Rings Part TWo by Ralph Bakshi, while the "first" film has its problems, it would have been nice to see the story finished.

Isn't that movie Spielberg may be working on about the Spanish consquistadors supposed to be one of the greatest unmade movies?

Is it this one?

Orellana.jpg

My guess is that it wouldn't have made a big difference or do you think David Lynch would've been allowed to make to turn it into a very Lynchian film? I certainly don't understand why Lucas had Lynch on his mind. Spielberg would've made more sense and apparently he too was on the list of possible candidates.

Instead of meaningless name-dropping, why doesn't Lucas see it to that David Lynch can make another new movie?

Alex