• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your name is Unibroue? Funny name.

Fiiiiiine  

Laphroaig 10 yr. cognac.   Or as some would call it... liquid campfire. Cause that's what it tastes like. But to me.. it's delish.  

Drinking in the dark listening to Blade runner is better. No water, no cracker, just the neon light coming from the outside.

"You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise..."

What do you do? You create a poll?

20210115_222229.jpg

On 1/16/2021 at 11:53 AM, Sweeping Strings said:

While we're talking whisky ... I drank enough Jamesons and ginger ale at home on New Years Eve to fall over in my own living room :drunk:

Jameson is whiskey not whisky! 

and surely your lot should be drinking Bushmills 😜

I generally make one cocktail a week.  I made this for this week’s and it was a delicious drink (I used Hendricks gin).  Not overly sweet (if you use a low sugar lemonade) and the green tea goes well with the botanical flavors of gin.  Highly recommend.

E6B69CFF-2D72-4B81-AB65-DF6FA4A1D02D.jpeg

This week I ordered Angostura bitters on Amazon (because I don't know where to buy this?), I went out of stock recently.

In the meatine, I barely survive.

PS: I will need it to finish that awefull Bulleit bourbon I just purchased. I prefer Maker's Maker over it.... and I don't like Maker's Mark

I really enjoyed Jack Daniels honey and Evan Wiliams honey, so I tried Wild Turkey honey and holy cow, it is NOT nearly as good as the others!  Stay away!

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

I really enjoyed Jack Daniels honey and Evan Wiliams honey, so I tried Wild Turkey honey and holy cow, it is NOT nearly as good as the others!  Stay away!

I tried Jack Daniels honey for the first time over Christmas and, yeah, it was terrific. (I especially liked spiking eggnog with it.) So I appreciate your heads-up about Wild turkey!

I was surprised how remarkably different it tasted from the Jack honey and Evans honey.  The other two were perfect blends where the sweetness of the honey perfectly balances out the bitterness of the whiskey to create a new delicious drink.  The Wild Turkey one barely tasted like honey and the whiskey itself wasn't great either.  Oh well.  It's fun trying new things

You like sugary things.

If you like this taste, you can mix Canadian Club 12 yo (never the original one) and true maple syrup. It's a shot called crazy moose. Very good.

image.png

4 minutes ago, Bespin said:

You like sugary things.

Not always!  It has been a recent-ish trend for me, but I've also really gone through a bit of a sea change in my drinking choices over the last year or two.  I used to almost exclusively be a beer guy, but after my wife's father passed away we inherited his whiskey, scotch, and bourbon collection and I began to enjoy a lot of those and now hardly ever drink beer and usually just have some hard liquor over ice.  Beers I buy now sit in my fridge for months until they are finally gone!