Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection

Faleel

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-legacy-collection-lion-king-70764/

"Walt Disney Records’ newly created line of collectible CDs, Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection, will celebrate the anniversaries of Disney’s most cherished and classic properties that have been enchanting audiences for generations. Through 2015, Walt Disney Records will celebrate 12 anniversaries including Pinocchio (75th), Fantasia (75th), Cinderella (65th), Lady and the Tramp (60th), Sleeping Beauty (55th), Mary Poppins (50th), The Lion King (20th) and Toy Story (20th), among others.

To honor these musical landmarks, Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection will feature the beloved original soundtracks, plus valuable documentary content that tells the story behind the music. Each album will feature newly created artwork from Lorelay Bove, a visual development artist at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The illustrations, inspired by the original properties, will celebrate Disney’s rich heritage and create a unified look for the entire collection.

The first release in the series is The Lion King, a two-disc set featuring the original motion picture soundtrack, 30 minutes of previously unreleased score, plus liner notes by Don Hahn (producer) and Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer. The track list is as follows:

Disc One
1) ‘Circle of Life/Nants’ Ingonyama’ Performed by Carmen Twillie, African Vocals Performed by Lebo M
2) ‘Didn’t Your Mother Tell You Not to Play With Your Food’ Score
3) ‘We Are All Connected’ Score
4) ‘Hyenas in the Pride Land’ Score
5) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Jason Weaver with Rowan Atkinson and Laura Williams
6) ‘Elephant Graveyard’ Score
7) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score
glasses.gif ‘Be Prepared’ Performed by Jeremy Irons with Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings
9) ‘Simba, It’s to Die For’ Score
10) ‘Stampede’ Score
11) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score
12) If You Ever Come Back We’ll Kill You’ Score
13) ‘Bowling for Buzzards’ Score
14) ‘Hakuna Matata’ Performed by Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella with Jason Weaver and Joseph Williams
15) ‘We Gotta Bone to Pick With You’ Score
16) ‘Kings of the Past’ Score
17) ‘Nala, Is It Really You?’ Score
18) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ Performed by Joseph Williams and Sally Dworsky with Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella and Kristle Edwards
19) ‘Remember Who You Are’ Score
20) ‘This Is My Home’ Score
21) ‘The Rightful King’ Score

Disc Two
1) ‘The Morning Report’ Performed by James Earl Jones, Jeff Bennett and Evan Saucedo
2) ‘Warthog Rhapsody’ Performed by Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella
3) ‘We Are All Connected ‘Score Demo
4) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score Demo
5) ‘Stampede’ Score Demo
6) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score Demo
7) ‘This Is My Home’ Score Demo
glasses.gif ‘The Rightful King’ Score Demo
9) ‘Circle of Life’ Instrumental Demo
10) ‘Circle of Life’ Performed by Elton John
11) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Elton John
12) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ (End Title) Performed by Elton John

In addition, members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will get a chance to hear some of the music before it’s released during the D23 Disney Fanniversary Celebration roadshow, which will tour the country later this year, and D23 Members have the opportunity to purchase the complete collection with a special set of exclusive lithographs at a special price. For more information, visit D23.com.

The release schedule for Walt Disney The Legacy Collection is as follows:
The Lion King 20th – June 24, 2014
Mary Poppins 50th – August 26, 2014
Sleeping Beauty 55th – October 7, 2014
The Little Mermaid 25th – November 17, 2014
Fantasia 75th – January 3, 2015
Pinocchio 75th – February 3, 2015
Toy Story 20th – March 17, 2015
Disneyland 60th – April 7, 2015
Lady and the Tramp 60th – May 12, 2015
Pocahontas 20th – June 23, 2015
Aristocats 45th – August 14, 2015 (Available first at D23 Expo)
Cinderella 65th – August 14, 2015 (Available first at D23 Expo)"

Expanded Lion King coming in June!!!

Disc One
1) ‘Circle of Life/Nants’ Ingonyama’ Performed by Carmen Twillie, African Vocals Performed by Lebo M
2) ‘Didn’t Your Mother Tell You Not to Play With Your Food’ Score
3) ‘We Are All Connected’ Score
4) ‘Hyenas in the Pride Land’ Score
5) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Jason Weaver with Rowan Atkinson and Laura Williams
6) ‘Elephant Graveyard’ Score
7) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score
8) ‘Be Prepared’ Performed by Jeremy Irons with Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings
9) ‘Simba, It’s to Die For’ Score
10) ‘Stampede’ Score
11) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score
12) If You Ever Come Back We’ll Kill You’ Score
13) ‘Bowling for Buzzards’ Score
14) ‘Hakuna Matata’ Performed by Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella with Jason Weaver and Joseph Williams
15) ‘We Gotta Bone to Pick With You’ Score
16) ‘Kings of the Past’ Score
17) ‘Nala, Is It Really You?’ Score
18) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ Performed by Joseph Williams and Sally Dworsky with Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella and Kristle Edwards
19) ‘Remember Who You Are’ Score
20) ‘This Is My Home’ Score
21) ‘The Rightful King’ Score

Disc Two
1) ‘The Morning Report’ Performed by James Earl Jones, Jeff Bennett and Evan Saucedo
2) ‘Warthog Rhapsody’ Performed by Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella
3) ‘We Are All Connected ‘Score Demo
4) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score Demo
5) ‘Stampede’ Score Demo
6) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score Demo
7) ‘This Is My Home’ Score Demo
8) ‘The Rightful King’ Score Demo
9) ‘Circle of Life’ Instrumental Demo
10) ‘Circle of Life’ Performed by Elton John
11) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Elton John
12) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ (End Title) Performed by Elton John

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-legacy-collection-lion-king-70764/

:woop:

Are these the first time the incidental music cues are being released? Because I've always wanted to get my hands on a complete Aladdin album. Shame it isn't in the list here.

I'm looking forward to this. For obvious reasons. This score has been my study for about two years, and I know it quite well, but that bonus material will all be new. However, I will probably rename the cues to their original cue titles.

I see Fantasia on this list. Wasn't Fantasia already completely released? perhaps it's newly-mixed: the film's mixes were quite clearly different to what was on the album (instruments all over the place there)

Shame SWORD IN THE STONE isn't here.

Yes!

And Robin Hood and Snow White (the final action cues are missing from the recent release.)

Shame SWORD IN THE STONE isn't here, but ARISTOCATS is good.

OMFG, YES! SitS is one of my earliest film music memories and whoever releases this one will have my neverending and undying gratitude.

"A Legend Is Sung

of When England Was Young

And Knights Were Brave and Bold..."

:woop:

Great stuff. :mrgreen:

Love the score for the pike chase.

Escape to Witch Mountain by Johnny Mandel (and, for that matter, Return from Witch Mountain by Lalo Schifrin) would be nice. It's celebrating its 40th annivesary next year.

Grown up men getting excited by background music from kiddie movies...

No love for STAR WARS?

Seriously? I don't think STAR WARS is classified as a "kiddie" film.

No love for STAR WARS?

Seriously? I don't think STAR WARS is classified as a "kiddie" film.

I don't give a shit what fanboys classify it as. It's a kiddie film. Plain and simple.

Neat!

Shame SWORD IN THE STONE isn't here,

And Robin Hood. Perhaps next year...

Yes! I need those Tchaikovksy-like fire/chase cues with those crazy strings Bruns did for these pictures, particularly this one at 1:15

BTW, The Lion King is up for pre-order on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JQHOEAU/

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81b3Kt6aoZL._SL1500_.jpg

I also found the Official Site and official Facebook page for the Legacy Collection

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMusicEmporium

wasn't there some super rare unreleased songs that everyone wanted from Lion King? I forgot the name..something by effra?

No love for STAR WARS?

No thank you, I have no interest in elevator music...

I have to admit it. The artwork for the cover of this release is very beautiful. It is a great cover depicting one of the most amazing scenes in the film.

Excellent job by Lorelay Bove.

Definitely most excited for the Fantasia and Disneyland albums! Although it's close to a year wait for both, so won't get too excited yet, lol.

I have to admit it. The artwork for the cover of this release is very beautiful. It is a great cover depicting one of the most amazing scenes in the film.

Excellent job by Lorelay Bove.

I had the same thought. It'll be interesting to see what the other covers end up looking like - I hope they're as attractive and classy as this one.

I really curious about the Disneyland 60th, because while there's certainly unreleased material in the vaults, the 6-Disc 50th set was already phenomenal.

I really curious about the Disneyland 60th, because while there's certainly unreleased material in the vaults, the 6-Disc 50th set was already phenomenal.

Much of the best material from Disneyland has been released. It's Walt Disney World that needs serious attention. They could easily create a box set of A Music History's magnitude for EPCOT Center. Most of that park's simply tremendous score has never been officially released. Disney already missed the 30th anniversary and they only seem to be concerned with selling food, booze and teddy bears at the place these days while completely disregarding the original intent and essence of EPCOT Center, so I'm not holding my breath.

This might just be about the best non-JW soundtrack release news I could possibly hope for (that hasn't already come to pass)! Too bad Aladdin won't be hitting another milestone for 3 years, but at least there are a couple of Menkens already announced. :D

I will probably end up getting all of these. I hope sales are good enough to keep the program going.

Much of the best material from Disneyland has been released. It's Walt Disney World that needs serious attention. They could easily create a box set of A Music History's magnitude for EPCOT Center. Most of that park's simply tremendous score has never been officially released. Disney already missed the 30th anniversary and they only seem to be concerned with selling food, booze and teddy bears at the place these days while completely disregarding the original intent and essence of EPCOT Center, so I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, no arguements here. WDW, and EPCOT in particular, seriously needs a major release like Disneyland's 50th. In any event, the upcoming Disneyland release just really confuses me. It's just so... superfulous?