Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection

Faleel

I wouldn't consider the lack of an Amazon preorder a sign of a cancellation of this collection. I think Disney has put some money into the Legacy Collection, and they seem proud of it. Not to mention by this point the restoration would be done. It'll show up at some point.

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/the-legacy-collection/

It is with great regret that we have to inform you of the cancellation of the Legacy Collection. We thank you for all the support you have shown to the collection and hope to see you on new adventures!

You're about a month early there.

No one suspects anything when he is this early. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition or BloodBoal for that matter. He'll joke the life out of you when you least suspect it.

Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, keep 'em laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

Nice one bloodboal, i almost believed it :P

Really, these things must be already in the works, the artwork surely is all done, The master tapes are being processed...

I dont think you can create a CD set from scratch in 5 months.

It is VERY alarming that Toy Story is not up on Amazon yet. I can't see ANY reason why that would be unless it was canceled or pushed back.

All the other Legacy Collection entries were up for pre-order longer than 2 weeks before there release date (which is what tomorrow is)

No one suspects anything when he is this early. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition or BloodBoal for that matter. He'll joke the life out of you when you least suspect it.

What I was saying is that I was expecting something like this for April 1, from anybody, not BloodBoal in particular.

On a more serious note, it is a little worrying they haven't even put anything on their site to explain the delay.

They were just about to announce an entire EPCOT Center collection too, beginning with Horizons...

Let's hope so. I have a really nice 30 minute version of the score without any of narration from the source tapes. However, remastered music would be awesome.

It is with great regret that we have to inform you of the cancellation of the Legacy Collection. We thank you for all the support you have shown to the collection and hope to see you on new adventures!

You're an evil little man.

I would buy Robin Hood in a heartbeat!

I've been asking for that for at least years.

The thing is, they were preselling the entire collection to D23 members for $270. There's no way they would cancel it halfway through. But the lack of news of Toy Story is alarming all the same.

They were just about to announce an entire EPCOT Center collection too, beginning with Horizons...

Let's hope so. I have a really nice 30 minute version of the score without any of narration from the source tapes. However, remastered music would be awesome.

Yeah, Horizons recording sessions, complete with the conductor calling the slates, have been out there forever. Sadly, like most park material that's been leaked, it's pretty crappy, and probably stems from an old cassette tape. A CD release of that material would be a godsend.

Yeah, Horizons recording sessions, complete with the conductor calling the slates, have been out there forever.  Sadly, like most park material that's been leaked, it's pretty crappy, and probably stems from an old cassette tape.  A CD release of that material would be a godsend.

The version I have is clean. No conductor calling the slates. I'm not really sure where this one came from.

Does it sound any better than the YouTube versions? We need a pristine version of the area loop.

https://soundcloud.com/hoot-and-chief/horizons-area-loop

This is the ride music itself. Definitely better quality than the area loop you just posted. PM me...

Disney has quietly removed Toy Story, Disneyland, and Lady and the Tramp from their list of upcoming titles on the Legacy Collection's official site.

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/the-legacy-collection/

So only Cinderella, Pocahontas, and Aristocats remain.

The Lion King 20th – June 24, 2014

Mary Poppins 50th – August 26, 2014

Sleeping Beauty 55th – October 7, 2014

The Little Mermaid 25th – November 17, 2014

Fantasia 75th – January 3, 2015

Pinocchio 75th – February 3, 2015

Toy Story 20th – March 17, 2015

Disneyland 60th – April 7, 2015

Lady and the Tramp 60th – May 12, 2015

Cinderella 65th – June 23, 2015

Pocahontas 20th – July 21, 2015

Aristocats 45th – August 18, 2015

I have to imagine work on these titles was more than well underway. I'm pretty disappointed, I've been loving this collection. At least Pocahontas is still listed, that was the one I was most looking forward to at this point.

Their indefinite delay is a real shame. However, there's still three on that list to come. Seems that they grouped them into rounds of three and have stopped this entire round, for unexplained reasons. i do hope they'll give a reason.

I wonder if Disney just moved that batch of three titles from Q2 to Q4. You can pre-order them here:

Though each are still listed with their original release dates and have no other information shown.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-legacy-collection-release-calendar-updated-74528/

With an originally advertised release date of March 17, 2015 looming dangerously near with no official mention of the Toy Story 20th Anniversary entry in the Disney Music Emporiums Legacy Collection, several readers have reached out to us asking if we had any additional information. We, in turn, have reached out to Disney Music to confirm rumors that the Toy Story album may be delayed and we regret to report that a delay has in fact been confirmed to us. While we have seen reports about a May release, the information given to us by Disney Music was not quite as optimistic, offering only that the release date is officially to be determined and Disney is hopeful that it is ready for release by the time Disney D23 Expo happens in August. Specific reasons for its delay were not provided, however it is interesting to note that one of the titles Cinderella was announced for an early release at the Expo, but has been moved up by over a month.

In addition, Disney has offered us an updated calendar for the remaining releases announced in the first year of the Legacy Collection program. They are as follows:

Lady and the Tramp 60th Anniversary April 28, 2015, exclusively through Intrada (Originally May 12)

Disneyland 60th Anniversary In-park on May 6, 2015; Available everywhere else August 18, 2015 (Originally April 7)

Cinderella 65th Anniversary June 23, 2015 (Originally August 14 / Disney D23 Expo)

Pocahontas 20th Anniversary July 21, 2015 (Originally June 23)

The Aristocats 45th Anniversary At Disney D23 Expo on August 11, 2015; Available everywhere else on August 18, 2015 (Originally August 14 everywhere).

I've been listening to these on Spotify and the gapless playback is fucking atrocious.

I hope the Disneyland set isn't just a repackaging of the same old shit*.

*amazing music that has been reissued 6 million times

So, the original six remained on their originally announced release dates:

The Lion King 20th – June 24, 2014

Mary Poppins 50th – August 26, 2014

Sleeping Beauty 55th – October 7, 2014

The Little Mermaid 25th – November 17, 2014

Fantasia 75th – January 3, 2015

Pinocchio 75th – February 3, 2015

And then the next six all got switched around:

Toy Story 20th – March 17, 2015 -> UNKNOWN

Disneyland 60th – April 7, 2015 -> June 23rd (pushed back 2 1/2 months)

Lady and the Tramp 60th – May 12, 2015 -> April 28, 2015 [iNTRADA ONLY] (pushed up 2 weeks)

Pocahontas 20th – June 23, 2015 -> July 21 (Pushed back a month)

Aristocats 45th – August 14, 2015 (D23 Expo) -> August 18

Cinderella 65th – August 14, 2015 (D23 Expo) -> June 23 (pushed up 2 months)

So in the end, Toy Story is the big question mark, but otherwise things aren't that bad; we still have 5 titles coming between April and August, just in a slightly different order than before.

Somewhere around 1979, Buddy Baker, the musical genius who was one of the people hand picked by Walt Disney himself, decided to retire. During the transition period a close friend of mine, George Wilkins was taking over much of Buddy’s workload. George called me at home one day and asked “What’s your schedule like?” “Pretty open,” I replied. “Good,” George said, “’cause we have about 90 hours of original music that has to be written and recorded over the next two years for something called E.P.C.O.T. [EXPERIMENTAL PROTOTYPE COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW]”

Come on, Intrada! 90 disc box set housed in a replica of Spaceship Earth (or Horizons)!

I've preordered al six so far and was concerned when Toy Story never showed up for preorder. Even though the older classics have been relative disappointments (Mary Poppins, Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio), the more recent ones have been great releases (The Little Mermaid and The Lion King) have been almost purpose.

The collector-focused lines have to do things right to get the hardcore fans to purchase and really need a strong advocate for them.

Like with the Walt Disney Treasures DVD sets. Each year I waited in nervous anticipation to see if the line would continue. I think Leonard Maltin was instrumental in willing the series to continue as long as it did. THAT series was perfect. It was also the ideal place to release Song of the South with a nice "Sorry if this 65 year old film hurts your feelings" obligatory intro. Regardless, that series was a dream come true.

The Legacy Collection hasn't lived up to that level on the music front yet, but I hope the EPCOT set and others will push it more in that direction. Straight re-releases are of little interest...even though I bought them all to do my small part to support the line.

The article mentioned that they are trying to get Toy Story ready for D23, so really it sounds like legitimate production delays and not a cancellation.

Indeed you have!

That's all you could find? Better search MM.com and FSM.com as well (or backups of their old sites)!

You've been asking for it since the year 2000 at least!

Give me this: I'm consistent.

WALT DISNEY RECORDS THE LEGACY COLLECTION – RELEASE SCHEDULE

Disney Music Emporium Fan, We are grateful for your ongoing support of our products. Per some production set backs, we found ourselves in need to revise some of the release dates for our upcoming Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection titles.

We are excited to announce that some partners have expressed interest on offering exclusively and for a limited time some of our Legacy titles. Please take a look at our new release dates detailed below.

Lady and the Tramp – First to market to Intrada.com on 4/28. Release wide on 8/21.

Disneyland – First to Market to Disney Parks and Resorts and disneystore.com on 5/4. Release wide on 8/21

Cinderella – Wide release on 6/23

Toy Story – Wide release on 7/7*

Pocahontas – Wide release on 7/21*

Aristocats – First to Market to D23 Expo on 8/14. Release wide on 8/21

For all of the D23 members that pre-ordered their entire Walt Disney Records: Legacy Collection set, please know you will be receiving your items on the first to market dates.

Thank you again for your ongoing support.

-Disney Music Emporium Headquarters

* Date subject to change

http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/2015/03/09/walt-disney-records-the-legacy-collection-release-schedule-2/

i think intrada is working here as an exclusive distributor, probably in exchange of investing some money in the collection. i mean they paud some money to help the production and in exxhange disney gives them 1000-2000 copies to sell months before the widespread release. maybe the package will have limited edition or intradas name on it but just that

or maybe intrada is lending their manufacturing facilities if they have any, because disney could no make it on its own on time.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Disneyland set will be 3 discs

Maria, good news! There will be a special 3-disc Disney Legacy Collection CD set. So be sure to keep an eye out for it in late May or early June.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/first-look-at-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-merchandise/

(Scroll to March 23 7:34pm comment)