1. Strange Things Piano/Vocal Demo
2. Plastic Spaceman Piano/Vocal Demo
3. I Will Go Sailing No More Piano/Vocal Demo
4. The Fool Piano/Vocal/Background Vocal Demo
5. You've Got a Friend in Me Instrumental Version
6. Strange Things Instrumental Version
7. I Will Go Sailing No More Instrumental Version
8. Thanking the Orchestra Spoken

Instrumental versions of the songs! Nice! I wish they'd include those on all of the releases.

Looks like there's about to be some serious Randy Newman karaoke up in my automobile.

It is but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. The only way to remedy that is likely to do a new recording. Disney can certainly pull that together. 2 disc set with the original and the re-recording, that'd be nice!

• 2 weeks later...

i hope so too, It has to be in this set, i wouldnt think any reason why they would let it out.

and if possible, the full finale cue.

At least in the bonus section.

I dont know why the blu ray doesnt have the scene inserted in the film, i think the general consensus when they made the 10th anniversary edition was that the addition of the song enhanced the film, or by the least it didnt hurt it. That they were wrong to trust preview audiences....

Musically it makes no sense to eliminate it, as is one of the main themes...

i hope so too, It has to be in this set, i wouldnt think any reason why they would let it out.

and if possible, the full finale cue.

At least in the bonus section.

I dont know why the blu ray doesnt have the scene inserted in the film, i think the general consensus when they made the 10th anniversary edition was that the addition of the song enhanced the film, or by the least it didnt hurt it. That they were wrong to trust preview audiences....

Musically it makes no sense to eliminate it, as is one of the main themes...

You mean the SE finale with the short "If I Never Knew You" reprise? I'd be surprised if the actual song wasn't included, but I somehow doubt they'd include the SE finale even though there will probably be plenty of room on the second disc.

the short finale is in the film... the extended version exists as a deleted scene storyboard. It's pretty nice, and makes the finale better. (i think the vocals from the film version come from this)

In the film would have been too much maybe, and corny, but musically i think it works too.

I bit the bullet and got the Disneyland release, just to collect it. As expected, it has nothing new. It's basically just the old 50th Anniversary CD with DCA stuck to the end. Probably the laziest release of this series.

Tracklisting for Pocahontas is up

DISC ONE

01. The Virginia Company (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 5:26

02. Steady as the Beating Drum (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version/Main Title') 2:04

03. Pocahontas (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 2:08

04. Father Knows Best (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:11

05. Steady as the Beating Drum (Reprise) (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 0:50

06. Just Around the Riverbend (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 2:47

07. Grandmother Willow (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 2:07

08. Listen With Your Heart I (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 1:12

09. Ratcliffe's Cabin (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:28

10. Going Ashore (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 0:44

11. Pocahontas Watches/Meeko (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:52

12. Council Meeting (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:19

13. Percy's Bath (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:04

14. Mine, Mine, Mine (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 3:34

15. Cat 'N' Mouse (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:30

16. They Meet At the River's Edge (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 2:49

17. Skirmish (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:43

18. Unusual Name (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 3:46

19. Colors of the Wind (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 3:50

20. Something Wrong, John? (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:34

21. Into the Glade (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 3:01

22. Listen With Your Heart II (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 1:09

23. Warriors Arrive (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 3:03

24. Smith Returns (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:47

25. Sneaking Out (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 2:53

26. The Fight (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 2:09

27. Aftermath (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 2:06

28. I'll Never See Him Again (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:53

DISC TWO

01. If I Never Knew You (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 3:21

02. Thomas Reports (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 0:45

03. Savages (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version') 3:58

04. Execution (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:37

05. Now's Our Chance (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 1:06

06. Farewell (From 'Pocahontas/Score') 5:08

07. If I Never Knew You (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version/Love Theme') 4:14

08. Colors of the Wind (From 'Pocahontas/Soundtrack Version/End Title') 4:20

09. Epiphany/Savages (Part 2) (Alternate Version) 2:02

10. Just Around the Riverbend (Demo) 5:29

11. If I Never Knew You (Demo) 3:10

12. Different Drummer (Demo) 3:56

13. First to Dance (Demo) 4:41

Thoughts?

It appears to be complete, as expected, and it seems to include the film version of what they call "Epiphany." It seems like they combined tracks into one like with Mermaid. The track order seems wrong in one place. "Skirmish" should come after "Sneaking Out" assuming everything is labeled correctly. The track time doesn't match the track on the original release so I'm guessing they simply renamed the track. If so, then "Skirmish" here is previously unreleased. "Farewell" is longer here than on the iron gal release so I'm curious as to why that is. Glad to see the deleted song on the list. I would have liked to see instrumentals of the songs but oh well. The majority of them have already been released anyway (all but three, I think).

Toy Story set looks good - definitely buying it. I didn't see many films as a kid (my parents are barely into films) so this would've been one of my earlier cinema experiences.

Pocahontas looks good. Glad the unreleased song was inserted in the mian program.

I hope Farewell, as is one minute longer, contains the 'if i never knew you' reprise.

Is there an instrumental version of 'if i never knew you' out there? It would be nice to have it to use in the spanish version of the score (since it was not translated to castilian spanish)

So it looks like if Disney keeps this line going after this year, they can continue to release a bunch "old" scores, along with 2 "new" scores per year, like they have done so far

2016: Beauty and the Beast (25th) & Hunchback (20th)
2017: Aladdin (25th) & Hercules (20th)
2018: Mulan (20th) & A Bug's Life (20th)
2019: Tarzan (20th) & Toy Story 2 (20th)
2020: Dinosaur (20th) & Emperor's New Groove (20th)

I'm really hoping Aristocats contains something interesting or at least a remastered sound, I don't care about the unreleased songs, they're awful, but gimme that sweet Bruns' music expanded and remastered please!

Maybe the full reprise in the farewell scene is there... as the extended scene is not represented in a demo bonus track... (unless it is D2T11, 'if i never knew you (reprise) - demo'

Pocahontas looks good. Glad the unreleased song was inserted in the mian program.

I hope Farewell, as is one minute longer, contains the 'if i never knew you' reprise.

Is there an instrumental version of 'if i never knew you' out there? It would be nice to have it to use in the spanish version of the score (since it was not translated to castilian spanish)

There's a clean rip of the song without vocals from the DVD floating around including the reprise. I know someone over at FFShrine will compile a definitive version with all the instrumentals at some point.

So it looks like if Disney keeps this line going after this year, they can continue to release a bunch "old" scores, along with 2 "new" scores per year, like they have done so far

2016: Beauty and the Beast (25th) & Hunchback (20th)
2017: Aladdin (25th) & Hercules (20th)
2018: Mulan (20th) & A Bug's Life (20th)
2019: Tarzan (20th) & Toy Story 2 (20th)
2020: Dinosaur (20th) & Emperor's New Groove (20th)

I really don't think Disney would release a "Legacy Collection" for The Emperor's New Groove. lol

I really hope Mulan makes it, though, and I wish they wouldn't wait for these divisible by 5 anniversaries to do these releases.

I wonder if the two versions of "Savages" means one will have the toned down film lyrics?

"Farewell" is longer here than on the iron gal release so I'm curious as to why that is.

It should mean that the song reprise is back in, which is great.

I'm so excited for this one! :woop: And boy do I hope they continue the line next year.

I wonder if the two versions of "Savages" means one will have the toned down film lyrics?

"Farewell" is longer here than on the iron gal release so I'm curious as to why that is.

It should mean that the song reprise is back in, which is great.

I'm so excited for this one! :woop: And boy do I hope they continue the line next year.

I think they'll be the version with the changed lyrics. However, the non-censored versions were originally included on the soundtrack release.

I'm really hoping Aristocats contains something interesting or at least a remastered sound, I don't care about the unreleased songs, they're awful, but gimme that sweet Bruns' music expanded and remastered please!

I doubt it, since that was not done for Sleeping Beauty or Lady and the Tramp. It is a shame.

Overall, looking back, I thought I was going to buy a lot of these, as they were going to be better than the previous releases that Disney put out. The first cd, the Lion King was a much needed improvement over the older album, despite the reworking of lyrics and using the film versions of songs. I was most impressed with Lion King. Then....every release since has been almost a mirror image of the CDs I already own. Sleeping Beauty--nothing really new, except for the two Mary Costa tracks where she uses her real voice give me goosebumps. They're up on youtube to promote the album I guess. Are those two tracks worth $15 or more by themselves...unfortunately not really. Hoping they get a digital release somewhere. I could say the same for the other releases...I already own the older release and the new Legacy Collection release didn't bring new mastering, a new mix, or anything worthwhile to the game, IMHO. The latest release, Pocahontas, looks promising since the original release left off "If I Never Knew You" and its film reprise near the end, and that was a huge part of the (restored) film. That would be worth a Legacy Colleciton purchase as well as bits and pieces of the score that were left off from before, and now in the correct order.

Disney could've done better given their resources. For the collectors, there's not much new stuff here.

The length of the Farewell scene with the reprise is the same length as the track listing shows. Therefore, "Farewell" most likely includes the reprise.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem to include the full reprise :/

No even in the bonus section. :(

But well, at least it contains the complete '10th anniversary' version score.

Realised today the Toy Story set is out, and on Spotify - and it's got to be the complete score (one track has about 10 seconds of music). Lots of little moments I remember from the film.

Instrumental versions of all the songs is a nice bonus too, as they have wonderful orchestration.

I'll wait until hopefully Amazon UK gets a non-import version

To hell with all the films. I'm still rooting for The Legacy Collection: EPCOT Center.

George called me at home one day and asked “What’s your schedule like?” “Pretty open,” I replied. “Good,” George said, “’cause we have about 90 hours of original music that has to be written and recorded over the next two years for something called E.P.C.O.T. [EXPERIMENTAL PROTOTYPE COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW]”

*drool*

epcot-official-album.gif

Considering how they botched Disneyland, I don't hold out much hope. But make no mistake, gents, this theme park features (or, should I say, featured) the greatest Disney score ever. Sadly, most of it remains unreleased.

To hell with all the films. I'm still rooting for The Legacy Collection: EPCOT Center.

George called me at home one day and asked “What’s your schedule like?” “Pretty open,” I replied. “Good,” George said, “’cause we have about 90 hours of original music that has to be written and recorded over the next two years for something called E.P.C.O.T. [EXPERIMENTAL PROTOTYPE COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW]”

*drool*

Posted Image

Considering how they botched Disneyland, I don't hold out much hope. But make no mistake, gents, this theme park features (or, should I say, featured) the greatest Disney score ever. Sadly, most of it remains unreleased.

I agree. Horizons is by far my favorite.

Let me say that the expanded release of Randy Newman's music to Toy Story is very well done. It offers the complete score, Randy Newman's songs, including demo versions (plus two songs that were written early but we're unused) and instrumental versions. The sound of both the score and songs are remastered with pristine quality. Excellent release.

Let me say that the expanded release of Randy Newman's music to Toy Story is very well done. It offers the complete score, Randy Newman's songs, including demo versions (plus two songs that were written early but we're unused) and instrumental versions. The sound of both the score and songs are remastered with pristine quality. Excellent release.

I've listened to nearly the whole thing and I completely agree. This is up there with what the speciality labels would've done. Can't wait to buy it next week :)

Received Toy Story yesterday, and it's a beautiful release - a hard-bound booklet packaging with some notes from Lasseter and Newman.

This will probably be my only purchase from this series, and it's a good one.

Received Toy Story yesterday, and it's a beautiful release - a hard-bound booklet packaging with some notes from Lasseter and Newman.

This will probably be my only purchase from this series, and it's a good one.

Wait until you listen to the remastered soundtrack. It is great.

I'll be grabbing Toy Story tomorrow, and with that my purchases for this wave of the Legacy Collection will be complete. Here's hoping Disney consider a second wave. And, hey, maybe they could have some Disney sequel or 'other company' releases in there, seeing as Toy Story was Pixar. Not going to hold out for Star Wars, though, but I wouldn't say no to better Indiana Jones releases :P

I would love for a release of The Fox And The Hound. The OST only has the songs on it.

Pocahontas is the only other one other than Lion King that I wanted from these initial titles. It will be in my cart on August 7th. :)

Same here. That might have been different if some of the older scores had been expanded though.

The track 'Epiphany/Savages part 2' from pocahontas may include (in epiphany) the just arround the river bend lyrics that are in the OST booklet but not on the CD track (the melody is there but instrumental only). This probably will be mixed with the OST savages pt 2, while the cue within the main score will have the epiphany without singing and savages with toned down film lyrics.