Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection

2 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Possibly, but compared to other Disney films, Robin Hood at least (I'm not that familiar with Aristocats) doesn't have a lot of prominent songs. I'd say Whistle Stop is very likely to be the most famous bit, and I wouldn't call that a song. Aside from that, if my childhood self, long before I knew about film music, is any indication, the royal march and fanfare, archery tournament, and perhaps subsequent battle, are easily the most memorable bits simply from watching the film.

At least I think there's a considerable contrast in song/score balance when compared to the Menken scores - which *I* mostly buy because of the songs.

I always have had the pizzicato statement of Oo-de-lally during the fortune-teller sequence stuck in my head.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kudos for Yavar from bringing this up on FSM, but Bruce Botnick has revealed on the latest Goldsmith Odissey episode that he has just finished work on a Legacy expansion of The Hunchback of Notre Dame

If we're going to submit feedback to Disney music, it should be to ask that they hire Mike Matessino to produce new complete editions of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones scores

🥰

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/4/2017 at 1:02 AM, BuzzLightyear said:

Just listened to the new Robin Hood Legacy Collection Soundtrack on spotify.
It's beautiful and feels very nostalgically. Great woodwind composing in this score!

Just finished listened to this again...remind me next time to skip those effin' bonus songs, because their style and performance makes me wanna send somebody to the Gulag. :puh:

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, bruce marshall said:

Never saw that one.

What's your opinion of the film?

The film is very good. A classic in many respects. I recently watched it on Disney+; I was amazed at how remastered the picture and sound is. I’ve been dying to hear Alan Menken’s complete score for many years. Soon, it will finally come to be so.

5 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

YES!!! FINALLY!!! DISNEY'S THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME IS FINALLY GETTING AN EXPANDED SOUNDTRACK RELEASE! 160 minutes!?! Holy cow! Instant buy! I need a release date!

This! How did Botnick get involved though? I didn't know those legacy sets were done by, shall we say, people who know what they're doing.

10 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Never saw that one.

What's your opinion of the film?

Honestly? At the point the film came out I was already tired of the usual story schema where Disney puts every but really every story in with the usual set of characters and storylines. The only left over from the original stories are names, costumes, places and professions or species of the characters. I didn't like it at all.

7 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

This! How did Botnick get involved though? I didn't know those legacy sets were done by, shall we say, people who know what they're doing.

Neil Bulk worked on Little Mermaid Legacy I think.

Mulan would be a great title for the Legacy Collection, as well as Randy Newman's early Pixar scores. If I'm not mistaken, there's a lot of unreleased music on the official OSTs of A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, etc.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Mulan would be a great title for the Legacy Collection, as well as Randy Newman's early Pixar scores. If I'm not mistaken, there's a lot of unreleased music on the official OSTs of A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, etc.

Agreed on all counts. Some of the best tracks are missing from A Bug’s Life (all the cues with choir which suggests it was a cost decision and not an artistic one...) notably Return to the Colony and the finale. Still my favourite Newman score for Pixar.

Any expansion of a Randy Newman score is an insta-buy for me no matter what it is.  Too bad no specialty label has ever tackled a Randy score AFAIK?  Only the Disney Legacy Toy Story release.

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Any expansion of a Randy Newman score is an insta-buy for me no matter what it is.  Too bad no specialty label has ever tackled a Randy score AFAIK?  Only the Disney Legacy Toy Story release.

I think you are correct. Unfortunately. But I share your sentiments. I’d buy anything Randy Newman. 

20 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

No expansions but:

I believe Intrada premiered a CD release of the Toy Story 3 OST:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7432/.f?sc=16&category=23377

Just now, Falco said:

I believe Intrada premiered a CD release of Toy Story 3:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7432/.f?sc=16&category=23377

For sure but it’s the same contents as the original digital release. I have the cast and crew release which I think is complete but can’t remember the difference in length (away so can’t  check my iTunes library!).

Newman signed my copy of Toy Story 2. Twice. First time he wrote “dear Tom” then got distracted (think he starting ranting about Robert Goulet) and so I asked him later so he signed it twice. Lovely man.