The Most Satisfying Movie Scenes

Dixon Hill

I'll start.

That fight scene is actually very well presented. You can really feel the struggle. Then again, the whole movie is Shyamalan's crowning achievement, IMO.

Alex

Cool to see you can still find movie scenes on You tube. I thought they were automatically removed by DMCA notices

This, to me, will always be the most emotionally lifting scene in all of cinema:

And let's not forget the incredible story behind how this scene was filmed:

http://www.2001italia.it/2013/05/making-starchild-in-2001-tribute-to-liz.html

His first three are obviously his only really good films. I may rank Signs just barely above Unbreakable.

The Sixth Sense was actually Shyamalan's third film. A film called Praying With Anger was his debut but didn't receive distribution and isn't available anywhere as far as I can tell, but Wide Awake is easy to find and a very sweet drama about a Catholic schoolboy coming of age after his grandfather's death. Very unlike the rest of his films and maybe a bit too earnest, but worth seeing from what I remember.

His first three are obviously his only really good films. I may rank Signs just barely above Unbreakable.

The Sixth Sense was actually Shyamalan's third film. A film called Praying With Anger was his debut but didn't receive distribution and isn't available anywhere as far as I can tell, but Wide Awake is easy to find and a very sweet drama about a Catholic schoolboy coming of age after his grandfather's death. Very unlike the rest of his films and maybe a bit too earnest, but worth seeing from what I remember.

Didn't know that! First three widely known features, then.

Andy Dufrane's escape from Shawhank prison

No one else agrees with me on this one?

Good. It immediately came to my mind when I saw this thread title. Such a satisfying sequence, because of the way it was shot, edited, and scored, but mainly because of everything Andy went through up until that point.

I know that bit of music has been discussed before here but I'll say it again. It may be the most effective build and release of tension I've ever heard. Sexual.

I do Jason. A really terrific scene that one and excellently scored.

One of my personal favourites is the finale of Lion in Winter. The scene in the wine cellar is magnificent, the pinnacle of the emotional hurdle these people find themselves. The catharsis and reconciliation and the final denouement as Henry and Eleanor say farewell just caps the film in the best possible way.

Oh, completely. It's an amazing sequence, completely satisfying in its portrayal of final justice (not revenge, interestingly) while giving a new perspective and appreciation for what freedom really means.

It says the video is not in my country. Is it the scene that ends with the creepy guy outside?

It says the video is not in my country. Is it the scene that ends with the creepy guy outside?

Yes, it's the diner scene of Mulholland Drive. Not only brilliant because of the execution, but also because the dream the man talked about is becoming a reality in the same scene. Even as a 5 minute short movie, it's a totally satisfying scene on every thinkable level. Too bad it's not available in your country.

Alex

Yea, great mini scene in a great film. No worries about the youtube version not being available, I have the blu ray!

Jeez. Horrible fucking memory. And I even liked it.

This is my most embarrassing JWFan moment. Far worse than when I accidentally posted racy pictures of my wife on another forum.

Excellent choice, Hilly ... Moore's Bond in a rare cold 'n' ruthless moment.

It's simple, it's cold, it's brutal. You overlook the fact that it's Roger Moore doing it, not Dalton say or Connery. Must say looking at this thread that most or some of the most satisfying scenes are in Bond films. Dalton has a few of those.