What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

For me its Giacchino's main theme to Jurassic Park Chaos Island, after listening to that score today

I had the Norwegian Eurovision entry in my head all day yesterday.

Film music-wise, Stopwatch/Into the Red from Rush. One of the more interesting ZImmer ostinatos I've heard.

This week, I couldn't get enough of Times Square from Now You See Me. Stood out in the film, and I was delighted when Tyler put it on soundcloud.

Main Title from Young Sherlock Holmes.

Does anyone know if this recording has ever been released? As far as I know this arrangement of the old tune was done specifically for the film, and I've never been able to find it.

I, Robot (what the hell. . . ?).

It's always fun to see a thread kick off that you know is destined to last a long, long time (a la the Last Movie You Watched and such).

Right now I've got the main action melody from Chutes and Matter from Giacchino's Star Trek running through my head. Haven't even listened to that score lately, but that one's been going through my head since I first got the expanded score and has never managed to really leave for any long period of time. I dunno why Giacchino never really had another action cue so similarly unforgettable for me.

Rains of Castamere

I really wish the show would stop overusing the theme. It's starting to lose its initial impact.

James Bond Theme, cause I just listened to Tomorrow Never Dies

Not Surrender?

Nope, I had the main theme as used in Company Car and Back Seat Driver going through my head at the time

Still couldn't tell you how that one goes.

Are you serious? It's the only theme from the show besides the main title theme that is instantly recognizable, IMHO. It's this theme:

Prologue from War of the Worlds by John Williams. Because I am listening to it on headphones right now.

Listen to that youtube track. Once you do, you'll recognize it, and notice it anytime in the show there is a scene involving the Lannisters.

Also, if you ever check out Hans Zimmer's score to Rush, he made the theme (almost note for note) his main theme for that score.

I recognize the Stark theme.

I didn't know Tony Stark had a theme. :eek:

I've seen every episode of GOT, listened to all 3 score CDs, including listening to the third multiple times... And I don't have a clue in the world what the Stark theme sounds like, or any theme besides the Lannister theme (and main title theme) for that matter!

Still couldn't tell you how that one goes.

Are you serious? It's the only theme from the show besides the main title theme that is instantly recognizable, IMHO. It's this theme:

Never noticed it in my life. That you find this to be "instantly recognisable" explains a helluva lot.

It's used for practicaly every scene in the show involving Lannisters. Now that you've heard the melody, you'll pick up on it next time you watch an episode.

Tyrion even whistles it in Season 2.

I just finished the latest episode of GOT, so The Lannister's Theme.

It was in latest episodes'end title, wasn't it? I didn't recognise it before the infamous episode 9 of season 3.

And my earworm today is Pi's Lullaby.

Karol

What, the Lannister's Theme? It played in last night's episode towards the end of Tyrion's speech, and during the second half of the end credits (although I guess the first half of the end credits is considered part of the theme too)

The Woodland Realm theme from Desolation of Smaug, specifically the Beyond the Forest variations.