What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

Anything Horner composed in the past ten years is just pieced together from what he composed in the previous ten.

... and is still better than what JNH did in the same timespan.

Anything Horner composed in the past ten years is just pieced together from what he composed in the previous ten.

Hardly.

The spectrum of John Barry's themes from The Black Hole. Sort of a mental tribute.

Hardly.

Definitely.

The Ballroom Sequence from The Witches of Eastwick. Just why this theme wasn't used in the film and why nobody ever performs it in concert? Both of those things are beyond me. This should have been a classic in Williams' repertoire.

Karol

There was a time when that was all I used to play, day after day. Truly one Williams' most infectious works.

I think I'll play it tonight. :)

Did that piece not even make it into the movie? (I've never seen it.) Unbelievable. One of the Maestro's masterpiece moments.

The second half of "Incident At Isla Nubar", right from the 11-note brass motif.

Although I'm not a JNH groupie, THE VILLAGE is one of his finest scores - up there with SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS. SIGNS and GRAND CANYON.

Sharky, if you like "Grand Canyon", then check-out "The Saint Of Fort Washington", "Flatliners", and Falling Down".

Did that piece not even make it into the movie? (I've never seen it.) Unbelievable. One of the Maestro's masterpiece moments.

They replaced it with Puccini's Nessum Dorma. Very poor choice, very poor.

Karol

The second half of "Incident At Isla Nubar", right from the 11-note brass motif.

Although I'm not a JNH groupie, THE VILLAGE is one of his finest scores - up there with SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS. SIGNS and GRAND CANYON.

Sharky, if you like "Grand Canyon", then check-out "The Saint Of Fort Washington", "Flatliners", and Falling Down".

I love FALLING DOWN, forgot to mention that. Will check out the others. Is FLATLINERS like THE FUGITIVE?

Right now this theme's going through my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJntMLzk08

the-big-lebowski-o.gif

ROTFLMAO

Great GIF! That's exactly what I look like when this piece comes on while I'm driving. (Although I probably look a little more like the Night at the Roxbury guys. . . .)

Radagast the Brown from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. The infectuous theme has been ticking away in my head all day.

0:52 - 1:04

I've been thinking about this one a lot. It's the most listenable for me, from start to finish, of all his output. Fantastic stuff. That he's now involved with that group of pilots, The Horsemen, and seems to really enjoy and care about that sort of thing, puts this score in some perspective. I think it was a subject that he was actually invested in, and it really comes through in the music.

I love FALLING DOWN, forgot to mention that. Will check out the others. Is FLATLINERS like THE FUGITIVE?

Right now this theme's going through my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJntMLzk08

the-big-lebowski-o.gif

Best exchange in "The Fugitive":

"I didn't kill my wife".

"I don't care".

"Flatliners" is more like "Grand Canyon", especially in the Copelandesque choral cues.

"Abandoned in the Woods" from A.I.

Best exchange in "The Fugitive":

"I didn't kill my wife".

"I don't care".

(Y)

Goldsmith's Shinzon theme as heard in its longer phrasing in "A New Ending". I've never seen Nemesis, so I don't know if that's a different theme. I don't recall hearing the other part in any other section of the score.

The strains of the "When You're Alone" theme rising against the celebratory music after Jack hits his home run.

The main theme from The Dark Crystal.

I read this and decided to listen to the soundtrack today, and now I can't get it out of my head now. The power of soundtrack suggestion, it's like a yawn.

When I was a kid, I remember an Australian game show called The Main Event used the song as its opening theme. It was just an instrumental version with an overlay of some female singers chanting "The Main Event!"

I read this and decided to listen to the soundtrack today, and now I can't get it out of my head now. The power of soundtrack suggestion, it's like a yawn.

Indeed. Its a ridiculously clingy theme. Once its on your head, you can't get it out.

...and now its back in mine.

So true!

Speaking of the "yawn" effect . . . I read your post, Jay, and instantly the Speed theme started pounding its way through my head. (Y)

The Japanese rendition of "Daisy," as seen in Revenge of the Nerds. (WTH. . . ?)

Silly film, hell of a score.

I was thinking during our viewing last night that it's one of the prime examples of a film that falls to pieces upon reflection, but that remains great, immersive fun while you're watching it. Plot holes gape, belief has to be suspended from dizzying heights . . . but you think about all that after the credits roll.