What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

Rosza's adaptation of the Epitaph of Seikilos for the finale of Quo Vadis.

1:07-39

Stunningly haunting. The rest of the underscore is of course top notch, but something about this passage sounds strikingly contemporary, in a pop sense.

It's second only to Halo multiplayer in the "hilarious deaths and hijinks" department.

My friends and I would pretty much exclusively play on the snow map with the two lodges on opposite sides of the hill. So many memories in that map. Killing people with Oddjob's hat from across the map, and the glitches the bots would find themselves in. One time we noticed that Scaramanga was missing, so we set out to search for him using the radar.

"According to my radar, he should be right... here!" *Looking directly at a mountain side. Slowly look up and see him running in place all the way at the top of the mountain.* "Scaramanga!"

For days now; the theme from High Spirits has been rumbling around in there. George Fenton created this masterpiece in 1988.

This is the overture on the original soundtrack, but it served as the end credits in the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdUtKh-3oMQ

• 3 weeks later...

Theme and Answer to a Dream from Sodom and Gomorrah by Miklós Rózsa. Man that guy could write some ear wormy themes, the two love themes in this example included. This stuff has been playing in my head for two days now.

Got this album a week ago and still haven't heard a single note of it! It was a crazy week.

Karol

You'll be in for a treat Karol. Although not on El Cid level this still packs a huge punch but most surprisingly the two supremely lyrical love themes have the greatest staying power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Michael Giacchino's Super 8 themes have been stuck in my head the past couple days, while John Williams' Rey's Theme and March of the Resistance have been stuck in my head since I got TFA soundtrack on Dec. 17

• 2 weeks later...

The opening to "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale" has been going through my head over the past couple of weeks!

There's something quite characteristic about that combination of choir, whirling woodwinds and harp.