What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 9:50 PM, Not Mr. Big said:

Watching The West Wing has gotten me on a Dave kick.  I've been really digging the melody at 2:34

I won't watch this movie unless that's Kyle MacLachlan in that picture. Be sure to like this comment to affirm it's Kyle MacLachlan.

Yea mine is the wrong one.  They put the 20th Century Fox Fanfare in its own track but listed it like it was included in the main title track, so all the numbers are off by one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a radio program theme to Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, I have no idea who wrote it. Its catchy if nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Yesterday I spent the whole day with Giacchino's Imperial theme from Rogue One in my head. And the worst part is, I don't even like that theme.

I'm think that this is a great theme. Yeah, score is overall is pretty meh and gets beaten down to the ground into pieces by Solo, but I'm really like the themes and some action stuff.

But  it is still worst scored SW movie of all time, thanks to the rush.

7 minutes ago, mxsch said:

But  it is still worst scored SW movie of all time, thanks to the rush.

Exactly. Maybe with more time Gia could've come up with something better. In any case, I don't completely hate the R1 score, parts of it are pretty good and I really like Jyn's theme.

I have to go with the opening theme from Godless. I recently finished the miniseries and the theme gets arranged and developed greatly during the series. Quite a memorable theme and it ends up being kind of an earworm

Overall, both Rivera's scores for Godless and Queen's Gambit are really great and some of my biggest discoveries of the past few months.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:03 AM, Not Mr. Big said:

"Theme from Seinfeld," Symphony for the Small Screen, arr. John Williams

I love the episodes of Seinfeld that end on that one theme 'Dun dun dun DAH-da Dun - dun dun DAH-da -' like an off-beat. It's so damn hilarious, I bet Larry David thought of it. Sounds like something he would hum annoyingly around others.

Reminds me also of a backtrack from one of the Jackass movies, I think a Wee-man scene. I need to find these songs. They're masterpieces of comedy.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow, this melody has been running through my head since Friday, now even more so since it's officially released on youtube

I'm putting it in a spoiler block because if you don't watch WandaVision but want to one day, it's a mega spoiler.  If you don't care about that, enjoy the first banger of 2021

Spoiler

Plays even better with the visuals

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, because of @GerateWohl, and his blooming poll, I haven't been able to stop humming and whistling ADVENTURES ON EARTH, all day. Thanks, dude (!).

Yes, it is ADVENTURES ON EARTH! I have no truck with that ESCAPE/CHASE/GOODBYE baloney!

On 26/01/2022 at 6:29 AM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Well, because of @GerateWohl, and his blooming poll, I haven't been able to stop humming and whistling ADVENTURES ON EARTH, all day. Thanks, dude (!).

Yes, it is ADVENTURES ON EARTH! I have no truck with that ESCAPE/CHASE/GOODBYE baloney!

Tell Jay that!

On 28/01/2022 at 1:31 PM, Disco Stu said:

The Miami music from Goldfinger has been stuck in my head for hours.  No idea why, haven’t watched or listened to it any time recently.

Great piece. When I was younger I was obsessed with it. I was like wholy crap - such a doozy melody - how god like gifted is Barry that he would just toss this out for a stupid establishing shot. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...