What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

Man, the way this cue desperately tries to stay alive for the last thirty seconds or so, trying to avoid that cadence at 3:06, is bloody brilliant. One of the greatest isolated moments of scoring I'm aware of.

Family Plot theme after listening to the OST for the first time in years

I'd guess he didn't come up with it until later in the process but who knows

Yeah shame the character died as his theme was a great one. Williams got to do relatively little with it but that piece above is a highlight.

Gabrielle from The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. Rózsa theme, culled from his violin concerto, is simply gorgeous.

That's a highlight of the score.

Still don't quite understand why Williams introduced Qui-Gon's theme only halfway through the film/score (though I think we hear a hint of that theme in Inside The Bubble City).

Perhaps it has something to do with Qui-Gon AND Anakin.

Maybe my memory's dodgy but I remember you railing against The Battle of Hoth, and how you preferred the streamlined action writing from Jurassic Park and Minority Report.

It might've just been to rile up E.T., steef and king mark

Something totally infectious about that cue. Makes me want to travel to a dying star to resurrect my tree-wife.

Another case of a seemingly insignificant detail getting stuck in my head - the lower choral part starting at 9:02. And I love how the bass moves in general during that last iteration of the theme.

The Joker's Waltz from Batman. (Why has 3/4 dominated my mind the last few days. . . ?)

• 2 weeks later...

Very catchy. I like to think this is the first of Jerry Goldsmith's sports trilogy although David Ansapugh and co. didn't make this film.

If "Hoosiers" is second, then what's third, "Rudy", "Mr. Baseball", "Gladiator"?

For reasons known only to my subconscious, I have the "Nazi March/Book-Burning" music going round my head (you know: the bit where IJ meets AH).