What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

If "Hoosiers" is second, then what's third, "Rudy", "Mr. Baseball", "Gladiator"?

Oops. forgot about Mr. Baseball and Gladiator. Not a long shot why I didn't include them.

I've been listening to AI a lot lately and pretty much have The Mecha World stuck in my head all the time.

The first four minutes of that track are amazing. I wish Williams hadn't combined it with the freaky music for David and the duplicate David.

One of the cues the apparently nearly forgotten Jerry Fielding wrote for STAR TREK S2E15. Love the quartal harmony, the heroic polytonality (cfr. Williams's Get 'Em,R-2!), the curiously voiced, bold dominant seventh chords, the occasional dissonance in the woodwind part, etc.

The video is sped up slightly, though, causing the music to be raised a semitone.

8:40 - end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwlU7RXYCU

Can't get this out of my head. Been humming it for a week.

It's the phrase at 0:43 that always gets me.

• 3 weeks later...

John Barry wishes he could have written with as much lack of reliance on Herrmannesque minor/major 7ths and 9ths.

(RIP John, just need to give pub a hard time)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play that game endlessly in the PS2 days. Multiplayer paled in comparison to GoldenEye and Agent Under Fire, but it was still hilariously fun. I actually have a promo of the score.

Fantastic soundtrack.

This reminds me to revisit the score. I really liked it in the film, but at the time the album had not been released, and when it was I had already moved on to some other music.