Michael Giacchino's Jurassic World (2015)

Sweetmeats

Noooooooo! Giacchino used bad grammar!

Heading into work to wrassel down more Dino's with @colintrevorrow - I'll try and get some more pics up today.

https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/status/585458192009691137

The pointing out of typos on this forum is getting really annoying

Well he's been pointing out typos on the forum here for years, so it still doesn't explain why he made that post.

Maybe Marcy did it!

There's a difference between posting a tweet for the first time and including some commentary in the same post, and posting solely to point out someone's typo / spelling / autocorrect gaff.

There's a difference between posting a tweet for the first time and including some commentary in the same post, and posting solely to point out someones typo / spelling / autocorrect gaff.

But surely you must admit you've done this a good many times!

There's a difference between posting a tweet for the first time and including some commentary in the same post, and posting solely to point out someones typo / spelling / autocorrect gaff.

Of course I have! Did I ever claim I wasn't part of the problem?

Of course I have! Did I ever claim I wasn't part of the problem?

Quoted for future reference

Video from the recording sessions:

Jurassic World - DAY 2! Nothing like a 103 pc Orchestra - all together - all in the same room.

A video posted by Michael Giacchino (@m_giacchino) on

https://instagram.com/p/1LwadtFdpx/

And a new picture

Michael as he begins the recording session for his third summer release: Jurassic World.

day-96-4-is-this-really-my-third-summer-

http://mariagiacchino.com/2015/04/07/michael-giacchino-take-3/

Its very LOST-esque :)

Ugh. NOT what I want from this score if that turns out to be the case. I'm going to keep up hope untill the very end -- both for film and score -- but what was once wild enthusiasm has now, after a series of assignments and teasers, become nervous trepidation.

On 4/7/2015 at 5:26 PM, Thor said:
On 4/7/2015 at 5:16 PM, Jay said:

Its very LOST-esque :)

Ugh. NOT what I want from this score if that turns out to be the case. I'm going to keep up hope untill the very end -- both for film and score -- but what was once wild enthusiasm has now, after a series of assignments and teasers, become nervous trepidation.

Dude, what? All I was saying that the 15 seconds (FIFTEEN SECONDS!) of action music posted to Instagram was similar to the action writing he employed in LOST. How does that possibly saying anything about the entirety of the score? It doesn't! After being into film music as long as you have, have you really not observed time and time again that samples don't always tell you the whole story of a score? Did you even listen to the 15 second sample before making your comment?

Come on Thor, you're better than this!

I wonder who/what will get new themes. Pratt's character? Howard's? A theme for Pratt's velociraptor pack? A theme for the indominous rex? A flying theme? So many possibilities!

That doesn't matter to me at all. It would just seem more gimmicky than organic, I think. This movie has nothing to do with the characters or situations of that game

Yeah, I hope he stays away from the game material, and instead embraces the more raw and primal sound of Williams' scores, especially The Lost World.

I wonder who/what will get new themes. Pratt's character? Howard's? A theme for Pratt's velociraptor pack? A theme for the indominous rex? A flying theme? So many possibilities!

Maybe some kind of new variation of the JP hymn or fanfare for the new park?

The only usable thing from the game would be his carnivore motif.

With so many carnivores...its time they start to have different musical material.

I wouldnt mind if he used it for the indominus rex and Williams' for the raptors and rex. I even would go that far as using the JP motif for the rex and the TLW motif for the raptors.

He could even reference the carnivore motif (for the spinosaur) from Operation genesis :P.

CCFqYx4WYAE9mMy.jpg

https://twitter.com/IvMathers/status/585866410049548288

Larger version: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCFqYx4WYAE9mMy.jpg:large

So now we know

1m1
1m2
1m4a
1m4b Welcome to Jurassic World (Composed by John Williams, adapted by Michael Giacchino, orchestrated by Peter Boyer)
1m6-9 Does This Dino Make Jurassic Look Big?
1m10 As the Jurassic World Turns (orchestrated by Tim Simonec)
3m24-25 Come Hell Or High Slaughter
3m29s The Jimmy Fallon Serenade (Composed by Mick Giacchino, orchestrated by Jeff Kryka)
5m43
5m43 ALT INS
5m44
5m46
5m47a

I'm trying to see where the Jimmy Fallon one originated from, though. Could it also be fake?

But Jimmy Fallon IS in this movie as

a tour guide on a video for a ride

, according to a Jurassic World prop brochure.

This is obviously the background music for his appearance in that scene

CCFt5UsWIAAHxnG.jpg

I think it and the 1m6-9 sheets are both real - probably the same musician took both pics, and posted them on instragram (since the pictures are square), and then various twitter users repost them.