Giacchino -NOT- "working alongside" Williams on Star Wars 7 score

Jay

Why the hell does the thread title read "RUMOR DEBUNKED!!!!!" when it's actually confirmed?

It hasn't been confirmed, it was debunked at the original post states. The other members are having some fun. :) Here is the REAL tweet from Giacchino:

3dwq.jpg

You think Giacchino and Williams might go for more apocalyptic choirs? I feel like Gia would favour orchestral mode.

I feel like Gia would favour orchestral mode.

I don't think so, Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness used choir.

Why the hell does the thread title read "RUMOR DEBUNKED!!!!!" when it's actually confirmed?

It hasn't been confirmed, it was debunked at the original post states. The other members are having some fun. :) Here is the REAL tweet from Giacchino:

3dwq.jpg

Sarcasm. It is a difficult concept.

3dwq.jpg

Haha! You joker!

Karol

Just in case people missed it:

I'm so excited about this - can someone screenshot the confirmation tweet?

znk3f9.png

-

Haha! You joker!

Karol

Someonefun has always been an optimist at heart.

Giacchino's in. JWFan has to accept it and move on.

3dwq.jpg

Haha! You joker!

Karol

He's a Photoshop wizard, that one.

I can't believe Jay bought the lie that the rumor was debunked, but I see he has seen the light.

What do you mean? Giacchino tweeted that the rumor is true, the proof is right above you!

I dunno what the heck someonefun is talking about, that guy's cwazy!

The thing is Jay, we JWFanners will do anything to keep their delusions going.

I mean is the idea of Giacchino teaming up with JW SO BAD that you have to fool yourself otherwise?

I thought my post was the real prank. :) Of course Giacchino has been confirmed. It was confirmed that he would be apart of the new film in some way when Abrams signed on as director. Guess my Photoshop skills aren't that bad after all...

Williams will probably mention the collaboration whenever he's next interviewed. Hopefully he'll elaborate more on exactly what parts of the score Gia is working on and how much he's expected to write.

Who? needs to go back and edit his original post on the previous page ;)

Wow! They must be analyzing the past scores or something.

You know what, I'm kind of warming up to this. Still a long way to go, but I could see this working.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh man, why don't you fuckin' stop it? Shit, this is too fuckin' big for you, you know that? Who scored Episode VII, who composed the music, fuck man! It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! The fuckin' composers don't even know! Don't you get it?

Holy shit!

Michael Giacchino just tweeted this!

J0cq0C2.png

The beginning of a beautiful friendship.

That pic will probably become an iconic image in movie music circles.

Holy shit!

J0cq0C2.png

Well look how the light is cast on Giacchino's nose like it was midday but on Williams' right hand like it was 2 pm. It is obviously doctored afterwards. The nose is fake!

Holy shit!

J0cq0C2.png

Well look how the light is cast on Giacchino's nose like it was midday but on Williams' right hand like it was 2 pm. It is obviously doctored afterwards. The nose is fake!

I think Gia might just be an oily faced Italian.

Out of idle curiosity, are there any snippets from Gia's work on Star Tours that he might be likely to reprise in the film?

Can't wait for Giacchino to score the inevitable Jaws remake.

I think Giacchino should create a whole new fanfare. Frankly, I've heard Williams' main title so many times that I now cringe every time I hear it. It's time for something new and fresh.

That's tough competition for the guy. I guess it'll be done with the maestro's guidance...

Giacchino's work on Star Tours consisted of re-arranging Williams themes in new settings, no original music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJuZdICCKDE

I guess it's obvious now that I hadn't heard any of it before! Thanks for the link.

Are any of the tweets mentioned on this thread real? I don't see any of these tweets on his "twitter-wall".

Maybe he had to delete them - nondisclosure agreements, JJ Abrams-level secrecy, and so forth.

Yeah the tweets just disappeared. I'm not sure what happened? Maybe Mickey Mouse found out and had him pull 'em.

Glad we got screenshots though.