Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards 2016)

On 18 April 2016 at 4:00 PM, Stefancos said:

OK

Don't placate me, like I'm your mother, boy.

On 19 April 2016 at 2:26 AM, DarthDementous said:

your overconfidence in Disney's is yours.

What a predictable response.

Leaked pages from thbvisual story guide SPOILERS

Spoiler

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Spoilers_From_The_Official_Visual_Story_Guide_For_Rogue_One_A_Star_Wars_Story_169148.asp

It is awfully ironic they have created new starfighters for this film, set in the original trilogy, and in force awakens we have full nostalgia with only updated designs of the old ships.

Is that hairy thing a Bothan? Yes I realize that they were only officially involved with spying on the second Death Star, but I suspect they won't be able to resist including them. I also know the look of the Bothans has already been established, but I believe that was all EU so it's probably no longer relevant. And this doesn't look hugely dissimilar in any case.

I'm more excited for this than I would expect to be!  Shockingly unconcerned about slightly askew Vader helmets and possible Bothan designs, but then I've always been a little eccentric like that.  

The TIE Fighter games created new starfighters that debuted and disappeared in the time between the movies. It's perfectly fine for the movies to do the same. I just presume they built a limited number of them and phased them out before the Battle of Yavin. 

There is no canon depiction of Bothans, and even the EU depictions were pretty dissimilar.  Some were catlike, some were goatlike.  For the most part, I think the EU settled on hornless goats with manes, but I'd rather see something fresh.

25 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

i hope that is not a bothan. Look like a wookiee ewok hybrid o_0

Well that would obviously be much more interesting. Fingers crossed

Um, those AT-ATs are from galactic battlegrounds or empire at war... orange 'faction' color plates all over the place! LOL

2 hours ago, Woji said:

The TIE Fighter games created new starfighters that debuted and disappeared in the time between the movies. It's perfectly fine for the movies to do the same. I just presume they built a limited number of them and phased them out before the Battle of Yavin. 

I'm OK with it.

I was just pointing that TFA has only TIE fighters and X-wings... and this other movie is already more daring about ships.

This movie is going to have more new ships when it could

The heads on those AT-ATs are definitely different to the ones in Empire Strikes Back. No chin cannons at all, only head cannons. I'm assuming this was an 'inbetween' to the TESB AT-AT and the Rebels one.

That's decent enough an angle to actually use for creating that AT-AT for my Battlefront mod.

On 5/12/2016 at 9:26 PM, Richard said:

Oh my goodness! Really?! That's a Star Wars quote? Honestly, DD, I never knew. Which film is it from?

why the sarcasm, did you not intentionally reference ROTJ with "Your faith in Ms. Kennedy is your weakness"?

Check out this odd Episode 8 / Rogue One blended image

Star Wars Celebration 2016

It's for this:

Star Wars Celebration 2016

Names of the new stuff:

star-wars-rogue-one-art-004-630x354.jpg (630×354)

star-wars-rogue-one-art-003-630x354.jpg (630×354)

star-wars-rogue-one-art-002-630x354.jpg (630×354)

Anybody want to photoshop a Rogue One OST cover from the bottom part (if you can cleanly remove Luke & Poe)

On 17/05/2016 at 5:43 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

The darth vader helmet is rather oddly drawn. I hope it is not a final version...

At least it's consistent with the matte black helmet of the original film.

12 minutes ago, Sharkus Malarkus said:

At least it's consistent with the matte black helmet of the original film.

I meant the weird angle of the part of the upper helmet covering the left chin, not the design per se.

I hope it is ANH accurate too.

Vader's costume changes in each film. So it would not be against the established continuity if there are subtle differences between this new version and the SW (not ANH) costume. Kind of depends how much time passes between the two.

20 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I meant the weird angle of the part of the upper helmet covering the left chin, not the design per se.

I hope it is ANH accurate too.

See this link for details of the differences between ROTS and ANH Vader helmets: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/RotS2ANHvader_comp.htm

They should have made ROTS one match ANH for continuity. Then again continuity did not seem high on GL's priority list with the prequels....

50 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

There's 18 years between ROTS and SW. There's no need for the suit to be identical.

Yes, but it would be much cooler if it was. The ANH helmet looks much more sinister than the ROTS one. And why would Vader go from a perfectly polished, black symmetrical helmet to an asymmetrical, matte black and grey one with red lenses? And then back to a polished black one for ESB/ROTJ? Also, the chin vent goes from wide (ROTS) to narrow (ANH) and back to wide (ESB/ROTJ).

This site goes into much detail with photos, also about the costume changes: http://fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/visualdevelopmentofdarthvader.html

"Lucas had to also make a decision on how to visually portray the Vader suit. Rather than making a choice with chronological consistency in mind, in other words going with the suit shown in Star Wars, Anakin was instead given the cyborg-emphasized design of the later two sequels."

I like how dirty and covered with fingerprints Darth Vader's helmet was in the original Star Wars film. It's as if George Lucas had not yet invented the concept that this man has no hands. 

I don't think I like the black on top, white on bottom background, but I know it would have been more work to go with one or the other. The characters look great IMO!

Probably clickbait, bur if the 4 week reshoots are true...that is really quite extensive. It's not the normal reshoot routine

How can "the movie not be testing well"? It won't be out until the end of the year; it is very doubtful they have anything resembling "finished" by now. :huh:

I would imagine part of the reshoot is to put in Han Solo as well? Maybe a de-aged Princess Leia at the end of the movie getting the plans after the rest of the cast of this movie is killed off? I mean, they have to be killed off, we don't ever hear from them except for Mon Mothma. Or maybe they go into hiding on Alderan heh

On May 27, 2016 at 11:30 AM, JTWfan77 said:

Yes, but it would be much cooler if it was. The ANH helmet looks much more sinister than the ROTS one. And why would Vader go from a perfectly polished, black symmetrical helmet to an asymmetrical, matte black and grey one with red lenses? And then back to a polished black one for ESB/ROTJ? Also, the chin vent goes from wide (ROTS) to narrow (ANH) and back to wide (ESB/ROTJ).

This site goes into much detail with photos, also about the costume changes: http://fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/visualdevelopmentofdarthvader.html

"Lucas had to also make a decision on how to visually portray the Vader suit. Rather than making a choice with chronological consistency in mind, in other words going with the suit shown in Star Wars, Anakin was instead given the cyborg-emphasized design of the later two sequels."

He decided to go back to the old one from ROTS as a fashion choice? Vintage became very fashion forward in ESB and ROTJ timeline?