Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards 2016)

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I think I'd seen that soundtrack release before and assumed it was either game music re-recorded or unused or something.

Some of it was used in the game (Xizor's theme, Beggar's Canyon Chase, and Into the Sewers, for sure).  A lot of ESB score was used in the game, too.

The album was composed as a piece of music, and is a great example of what a good composer can do within the Star Wars framework in his own style.

Star Wars names are all dumb, but if you hear any name enough, just like in real life, it just becomes a name and sounds fine.

Dash Rendar is a poor man's replacement for a Han Solo rogue type, since Han was off in carbon freeze.  He had big dumb shoulder pads and I'm glad he's gone.

17 minutes ago, petaQ said:

Dash Rendar is better than Prince Xixor. 

I can already see Giacchino's punny track title "Running with Xixor's Dangerous".

29 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Yeah it had all mechandise of a SW film, without a film. (it was advertised something like that)

Luke and Leia appear in the game too, just in the cutscenes.

Its purpose was a test run for the Prequels. To see how Lucasfilm could manage all the different aspects of marketing a new movie. 

Making a new Star Wars movie between two existing movie is boring.

Disney should now do a movie that goes between two scenes of a movie.

I always wanted to know how was the night Han passed outdoor on Hoth, beside Luke and the dead Taun-Taun...

Here we go "A Hoth night: A Star Wars Story".

I do think it'd make sense to keep Shadows of the Empire as part of the canon if possible.

It pretty much was already anyway. And otherwise we'll end up with uncanonical music in our collections. ;)

Well, the premiere is tonight, folks. 

Should be getting lots of info online soon (at least anonymous stuff on various forums, because of the embargo). 

Unlike TFA, I'm not interested in this at all. I didn't even watch the trailer. I was shopping at Tuesday Morning and Disney even has merchandise for this movie there. Unbelievable. I'm all Star Wars'd out.

11 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

Unlike TFA, I'm not interested in this at all. I didn't even watch the trailer. I was shopping at Tuesday Morning and Disney even has merchandise for this movie there. Unbelievable. I'm all Star Wars'd out.

I worked at a Tuesday Morning when I was 19 years old. One of the worst jobs I ever had.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, Will said:

Well, the premiere is tonight, folks. 

Should be getting lots of info online soon (at least anonymous stuff on various forums, because of the embargo). 

A reminder/plea for everyone to PLEASE use spoiler tags on any non-trailer information, at least until the release date at the end of this week

On 12/10/2016 at 1:52 PM, Will said:

Posted about this in the music thread too, since it has new music:

Hey, I like it.  Movie looks good and is getting great initial reviews.  Will have to catch it.  Music sounds appropriate for a SW film but clearly lacks JW's harmonic inventiveness.  I'm sure we'll get at least a few SW chords somewhere in the score but I'm glad MG isn't trying to be JW but is just trying to inhabit that soundspace. 

TV spots have been coming in waves recently. Here are two of the better ones (particularly the longer bottom one):

It's been disappointing -- while the spots and trailers have often been good, none of the spots have been as good as this masterpiece:

Nor have any of the trailers been as good as this one:

Hmmm... I seem to spot a connection: My favorites tend to be the ones with the most orchestrally-based, Williams-y (and in some cases actually Williams) music. Makes sense!

No, I really don't give a damn about my post count. Never did. It's other people that began pointing it out and I humoured them.

Alvar and I just like having fun, about nothing.

Think of us as this forums Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David.

IMG_7439.PNG

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No, I really don't give a damn about my post count. Never did. It's other people that began pointing it out and I humoured them.

Alvar and I just like having fun, about nothing.

Think of us as this forums Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David.

IMG_7439.PNG

Is this post meant to say you invented BloodBoal?

No. but I remembered our conversation about him, you said he was marmite. 

2 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Are you the Larry David half then? I thought you couldn't stand Larry David though? Does that mean you hate yourself?