Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards 2016)

Knowing this is a Gareth Edwards film, "wars" will only have a screentime of about eight minutes. The rest will be a dreary melodrama about an X-Wing pilot and his wife and kids and his kooky old man uncovering a conspiracy.

Knowing this is a Gareth Edwards film, "wars" will only have a screentime of about eight minutes. The rest will be a dreary melodrama about an X-Wing pilot and his wife and kids and his kooky old man uncovering a conspiracy.

How is that different from STAR WARS (1977)?

Stop dodging the bullet. Demanding more awesome war scenes is just a knee-jerk fanboy reaction. Doesn't make stuff better - and GODZILLA wouldn't be any better with more behemoth destruction scenes.

I admire Edwards for avoiding the Transforms example and not stuff the entire last hour with scene upon scene of endless CGI destruction.

He actually tried to build toward something and that's admirable.

Sadly he wasn't able to make us care about the main characters

He just seemed genuinely disinterested in directing this stuff. It may have been studio urging to put it in and Edwards shot it, to hell with it. I guess such colossal movies always have to be compromised, even Cameron does it.

Stop dodging the bullet. Demanding more awesome war scenes is just a knee-jerk fanboy reaction. Doesn't make stuff better - and GODZILLA wouldn't be any better with more behemoth destruction scenes.

If it meant less Aaron-Taylor Johnson and his terrible faux-American accent, it would.

I know, right?

No, they really did screen a short teaser and show some art. Granted the teaser wasn't any filmed footage, since nothing has been filmed.

It was still cool as hell though.

Edwards underscored that the film is aiming for realism, and that it's a no-holds-barred war picture.

Happy?!

More RCP interpretation of Star Wars. The future.

Hate on Alexandre Desplat all you like, but don't lump him in with Zimmer and his RCP folks.

Zimmer > Desplat

Usually.

Watched the teaser on my computer now, instead of my phone. Music isn't bad or good, it just is.

Would like to see this teaser in an official version instead of fan taken

Wow, that's not slightly better, that's loads better.

Cool teaser, I say!

The music is good, too!

I should never judge things I watched on my phone!

Got to hand it to whoever did that trailer. It was an excellent tribute to the legacy of John Williams. It's like Empire Strikes Back meets Munich crossed with A.I. Star Wars is in great hands!

We know the consequences of this heist, we don't know the fate of the characters or any developments. You know the outcome if this thing as much as you do with any historical movie or Super hero movie.

I for one think this premise could be quite fun.