Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards 2016)

Is this real? If it is, there's too many trees. I mean, what's next? Star Wars Goes To Benidorm? Why do all these Star Wars movies look as if they take place on Earth?

It's interesting, but how will they deal with the fact that we essentially know what's going to happen?

This film is basically the fourth prequel

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey!

Well all those videos were pulled off of youtube....guess I missed it :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCWYOmpIU8

Nope. No longer available :(

It feels fan made. Take a docu nature shot and add a fighter and a death star to it. Anyone with a bit of skill can do it.

But the worst part is that it feels so Earthly.

But not like mushrooms, muchrooms are a different thing althogether...

I'm imagining now something akin to giant lycopods with a different photosinthetic pigment and crinoid-like creatures hanging on them.

There was a mushroom planet in Ep 3? Damn, shows you how much I remember about that film...

Well there's not muchroom in a mushroom...

Mushrooms don't grow to that colossal size on Earth, at least not the stalks. The root system beneath the ground can cover acres, but that's not other worldly. So giant mushrooms either look alien and cool, or CGI and fake.

There was a mushroom planet in Ep 3? Damn, shows you how much I remember about that film...

It's where Yoda considered retiring. See BB's post above.

I missed all these teaser videos, and now it's not available anywhere. Damn.

[Edit: Found it somewhere else. Neat, but no big deal. Basically just an FX shot]

Yep! Felucia only appeared for a few seconds in the Order 66 montage (it's where Aayla Secura died), so it didn't have a very big role in Episode III. They used it a few times in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars show, though. I thought the prequels had a lot of visually interesting planets, like Felucia and Utapau. I hope we see more planets like those in the future.

enhanced-buzz-18132-1390570781-11.jpg

Felucia-Night.jpg

Alex, if a film had alien life in it that were sort of like trees in its ecological role but were not trees, would it bother you?

Dagobah had ceatures that were sort of a cross between trees and spiders...

I really barely that remember that movie at all.

I've seen the OT countless times

I saw TPM probably 12 times

I saw AOTC probably 6 times

I saw ROTS exactly once. Midnight showing, opening night. After that, I was basically done with Star Wars... except for the music.

It took almost a decade before I even watched the OT again....

Well there's not muchroom in a mushroom...

Mushrooms don't grow to that colossal size on Earth, at least not the stalks. The root system beneath the ground can cover acres, but that's not other worldly. So giant mushrooms either look alien and cool, or CGI and fake.

Felucia was a model.

v2kiuwoo.jpg

An FSMer pointed out that its likely the reason the teaser is constantly being taken down is because of Disney/Lucasfilm's agreement to not promote Rogue One until after Paramount's MI5: Rogue Nation is released (I dunno if in theaters or on home video). Makes sense to me.

In other news,

Star Wars: Rogue One takes place at the same time as the "Rebels" TV show, and the two properties might makes "nods" to each other

I think that's just meant to be clouds that looks like the Death Star, not an indication the actual Death Star is orbiting that close to the planet. But its hard to tell from the low quality versions out there now.

Well they also wouldn't hear the disembodied voice of Sir Alec Guinness narrating a conversation that nobody recorded over a forest of Earth trees. Trailers are abstract saliva generators, nothing more.

No, I'm sure its the Death Star and not clouds

Hard to see shit in the crappy versions that are still online

Looking forward to the HQ posting after MI5 is out

I guess it dependes how closely it is orbitring the planet

Too close i think. It Would collide with the planet...

You'll find this interesting :)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/71195

He, he...them nerds!

But yeah, it's way too close to make sense. Looks like the colliding planet shot from Lars von Trier's MELANCHOLIA.