The Official Michael Giacchino Bashing Thread

It's getting tiring to read all the bashing intertwined with every Giacchino thread, specially new scores. One likes to look for news about them when new posts arise, but more than half the times it's just bashing.

So please feel free to write your thoughts here, and lets leave the other threads to their true topics.

Tanks a lot!

chatino.jpg

I tried to create a thread like this for general composer bashing... didn't catch on. :(

And into this Thread he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all threads. One Hatethread to rule them all.

As of right now, you're on my elite ignore list. For a Root Admin, you contribute surprisingly little substance to discussions.

Edit: ah, I see you apparently can't be ignored. What a shame.

He's tired of all the Giacchino bashing gumming up the other threads, so he's trying to dig out and water down a mud pit here for people who want to wail on the guy. It makes perfect sense as far as that goes.

Unfortunately, composer-bashing is an opportunistic sort of career that gets most of its spark from how the haters' hackles rise in the moment—in other words, a new thread about an upcoming score from Gia reminds his detractors what a galactic loser he is, so they're naturally compelled to vent their spleen toward him (and anyone who wants to cast his work in a positive light) into the open window of that conversation. You're expecting too much of them if you think they're going to leave a thread that makes them sick in order to go throw up in a different thread.

I've also learned that you're also expecting too much if you think they'd be better off just not reading conversations about Giacchino (or Tolkien, or Zimmer, or whoever) in the first place. Apparently it isn't enough to bad-mouth the man himself; torching his supporters seems to be a way to punish him by proxy, or whatever.

I imagine that's why the other composer-bashing thread didn't work—though it was good for providing us with a shoe-in for Best Performance by a Veteran JWFan Poster in 2014 (Steef at his very best).

As of right now, you're on my elite ignore list. For a Root Admin, you contribute surprisingly little substance to discussions.

Edit: ah, I see you apparently can't be ignored. What a shame.

I really think you'd be happier if you got rid of the ignore list altogether.

I've also learned that you're also expecting too much if you think they'd be better off just not reading conversations about Giacchino (or Tolkien, or Zimmer, or whoever) in the first place.

God beware that all kinds of opinions are discussed on a discussion board. Who brainwashed you into this pc bullshit?

It's not PC bullshit. I'm as allergic to that as any sane person. But... it is puzzling why certain people make their way into certain threads that are of no interest to them.

"Certain people", "certain threads" - that reads like 'anyone who offers a dissenting opinion is unwanted' and that is an utterance not exactly unknown to film music boards. As long as you can't name what exactly bothers you (personal attacks on MG? On his fans? Doubters of his musical gifts? People who criticize scores they have heard and have every right to talk about?), i should give a shit about broad demands like that.

Very well then. Every time you speak ill of Giacchino we will snap a kitten's neck.

Where I'm going to find this many kittens, though? ;)

Karol

Just that you know that this board will not surrender to your capricious demands!

Here's something more specific then: we could all bear in mind that none of us need constant reminders of what we all dislike. I don't think there are any amnesiacs here, and the arguments just never change - which is the REAL problem, not that there is disagreement in the first place. That would be hippy bullshit. So... when you have some groundbreaking new thoughts on why you don't like Howard Shore, other than the usual "block-chord, bland underscore" complaint, let us know. When KM/Joey can provide us with deep analyses of their tastes in film music, the evils of Zimmer/Giacchino, and the virtues of the fanfare-theme, the board will stand ready to gain understanding. When I have some profound thoughts on why everyone should indeed be a Chris Nolan fan, you'll hear about it.

Until then, isn't there enough discussion to be had about other stuff?

Ignore these demands, and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80F7mfhrqnM

Just that you know that this board will not surrender to your capricious demands!

Here's something more specific then: we could all bear in mind that none of us need constant reminders of what we all dislike. I don't think there are any amnesiacs here, and the arguments just never change - which is the REAL problem, not that there is disagreement in the first place. That would be hippy bullshit. So... when you have some groundbreaking new thoughts on why you don't like Howard Shore, other than the usual "block-chord, bland underscore" complaint, let us know. When KM/Joey can provide us with deep analyses of their tastes in film music, the evils of Zimmer/Giacchino, and the virtues of the fanfare-theme, the board will stand ready to gain understanding. When I have some profound thoughts on why everyone should indeed be a Chris Nolan fan, you'll hear about it.

Here's something more specific then: we could all bear in mind that none of us need constant reminders of what we all like. I don't think there are any amnesiacs here, and the arguments just never change - which is the REAL problem, not that there is disagreement in the first place. That would be hippy bullshit. So... when you have some groundbreaking new thoughts on why you like Hans Zimmer, other than the usual "he's the most innovative composer out there" praise, let us know. When Sharky/Mr. Brown can provide us with deep analyses of their tastes in film music, the great deeds of Zimmer/Junkie XL, and the problems of the fanfare-theme, the board will stand ready to gain understanding. When I have some profound thoughts on why everyone should indeed be a Ramin Djawadi hater, you'll hear about it.

tumblr_mcvm5tbDNV1r5c792o1_r1_400.gif

Here's something more specific then: we could all bear in mind that none of us need constant reminders of what we all like. I don't think there are any amnesiacs here, and the arguments just never change - which is the REAL problem, not that there is disagreement in the first place. That would be hippy bullshit. So... when you have some groundbreaking new thoughts on why you like Hans Zimmer, other than the usual "he's the most innovative composer out there" praise, let us know. When Sharky/Mr. Brown can provide us with deep analyses of their tastes in film music, the great deeds of Zimmer/Junkie XL, and the problems of the fanfare-theme, the board will stand ready to gain understanding. When I have some profound thoughts on why everyone should indeed be a Ramin Djawadi hater, you'll hear about it.

Meh, mine was better!

You are tired of Giacchino bashing, so you start a thread for Giacchino bashing. What a logical and sensible idea.

I just have to make it up for Stefan creating the "Official Michael Giacchino thread" in the first place! :lol:

God beware that all kinds of opinions are discussed on a discussion board. Who brainwashed you into this pc bullshit?

This comes from a place so far out in left field I can't even. . . . Brainwashed? What "PC bullshit?" No one's mewling "why can't we all just get along?" Of course there'll be different opinions expressed.

I don't think there are any amnesiacs here, and the arguments just never change - which is the REAL problem, not that there is disagreement in the first place.

Bingo. It's the endless recycling that gets annoying.

On the other hand . . . this is the single greatest GIF in the history of, like, ever.

Here's something more specific then: we could all bear in mind that none of us need constant reminders of what we all dislike.

I would advise you to take a bit of your own medicine then, because the smug whining seems to stop at your own little doorstep where exactly the same redundancies - just with different targets - apply.

I'm not even remotely interested enough in Michael Giacchino - and didn't post very much on him, either. So yes, i'm finished but still think you as a very frequent poster here should not point fingers in this way as if i'm raiding your precious threads all the time with hate posts. It's not true and you know it.