Harrison Ford breaks ankle on Star Wars set

Quintus

They can shoot him sitting behind a desk!

If all the action he is going to do is flying the Falcon, no probs. If he has to do some stunt acrobatics, no probs. We have stunt guys for that. If they have to have him walk down a corridor, big probs.

Sucks, but some schedule rearrangement and voilà....though there may be a slight delay in principle photography if his character is as important to the plot as we've been lead to believe. They'll work around it.

Um, why? Did Lucas reshoot Star Wars to add a scar to Luke's face because of the accident he suffered in early 1977? No, they used a stunt double for the last scene to be filmed, and used the wampa scene in the sequel to explain it.

Why is it that whenever I read this thread title it seems to read "neck" instead of "ankle".

In any case, at least it's no Twilight Zone: The Movie.

Karol

Maybe they'll turn it into a plot point. Han Solo twists his ankle in the first scene, says he's too old for this shit. And then introduce the new cast. We could have even a Force-ankle-twisting villain.

Karol

The clear solution is to painstakingly go through the original trilogy and add a severe limp to every Han Solo scene

Nah, they could still write a book in the New Expanded Universe explaining how Solo injured his ankle after ROTJ, while fighting the Zun'Alek in the Megroth system, near the moons of Podania. They could call it Death Trap On Podania.

Featuring Admiral Ackbar with his new catch phrase "It's a Death Trap!"

I can see the opening crawl now: During the battle, New Republic spies managed to steal secret plans to the Reformed Secondary Empire's ultimate weapon, the LIGAMENT STAR, an armored space station with enough power to twist an entire ankle. Should the plans fall back into the RSE's hands, it could prove to be the final Achilles heel to reforged peace in the galaxy. . . .

They can shoot him sitting behind a desk!

As long as he shoots first.

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Just when you thought the original thread title wasn't eye catching and sensational enough...

guest2, please change the title of the thread back to something less inflammatory so as not to spread false rumours.

Lee, are you really gonna let this Moderator person, a vazal to Jason tell you what you should and should not use as a thread title?

Et tu Stephane?

guest2, please change the title of the thread back to something less inflammatory so as not to spread false rumours.

Oh dear so not only broken, but inflamed as well. ;)

Karol

If it was a complicated scene they should have used a stunt double. Either way he'll be off of it for six weeks then a month or two of rehab to get him walking again. Having broken my right ankle I know it sucks big time!

it also depends how severe the injury is...we don't know if his ankle was crushed really bad with multiple fractures

I hope it doesn't force re-writes of scenes or reduces his role in the film

According to Empire it's a minor foot injury. Doubt it'll impact things too much :)

10478196_10153295113542195_6435154197072

Maybe this is the ships rising up and fighting back ... if I hear about the Tardis doors unexpectedly slamming shut in Capaldi's face as he runs towards them, it has officially 'become a thing'. Yes.