BSX Presents THREE STUDIES FOR HARP: The Music of John Williams

buysoundtrax

How about . . . no.

What I said (for those paying attention) was that I don't define a pre-programmed activity as a performance. Mistakes are simply part of the patina of reality that comes with live, in-the-moment, real performances—the occasional creak of a chair, the rare off-note, that kind of thing. It has nothing to do with what I "grew up with." But would I take an imperfect live performance over a perfect, sanitized arrangement of prerecorded sounds? You bet.

For those limited, for whatever reason, to digital performances of their work, this can all be an art form in its own right.

Absolutely. Again, I simply had a problem with the word "performance" in this context. I believe anything like this—including CGI animation, sampled music, and the like—can aspire to the artistic. Frankly, I wish I had the means (technologically and logistically) to do this sort of thing myself. (If I did, though, I wouldn't be charging money for laying down tracks of other people's compositions, and I still wouldn't say I was performing anything.)

That's because they're live performances, see. You can do samplings of people breaking all kinds of wind from both ends, sure, but it'll just never be the same as the real thing.

• 1 year later...

FREE TRACK FRIDAY (A Little late this week)

BUYSOUNDTRAX Records presents a digital album released entitled THREE STUDIES IN HARP: THE MUSIC OF JOHN WILLIAMS, which pieces from the THE HARRY POTTER FILMS and ANGELA’s ASHES arranged for solo Harp and performed by Dominik Hauser

Harp_Studies_Of_John_Williams-v2.jpg
Click image for link

Hedwig's Theme 
("Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone") from the album 
THREE STUDIES IN HARP: 
THE MUSIC OF JOHN WILLIAMS

Password: HARP1
Expires: March 10, 2017
Please feel free to leave any comments on this dropbox page about this track

There are actually two different links:

• One for the image (asks for password, but failed for me and now says "Too many attempts")
  • One for the text "Click image for link" (leads to expired Dropbox link)

Typical BuySoundtrax...

Apparently this is actually from 2013, and it's only on the BSX main page because of the free track Friday.

Ah yes, found the old thread and merged.

Movie cues arranged by someone else than Williams?

Is it... really... interesting?

BTW, I made an arrangement of Star Wars Theme for toy xylophone, do you want to hear it?