Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

12 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Game Of Thrones, "flamboyant"? If anything, Game Of Thrones is dirtier and grittier that the SW universe (and anyway, the guy was referring to the prequels, which are much more colorful and cartoony than the OT, which I suppose is what you were referring to when saying SW displays dirty, gritty fashion).

Really, I like you, Will, you're a fine fellow and I'm sure you mean well, but you shouldn't talk about stuff you know nothing about!

Fair point, although I was fairly certain of Ward's meaning and was simply trying to see how it could be justified. 

In any case, the whole high fashion debate is actually a moot point, because it turns out I misremembered the wording of the tweet in question:

And. Implying they are distinct. I apologize for misleading you guys. 

BloodBoal, in light of this I think your comment earlier about "how could they be more different?" may make sense -- Ward seems to be implying that there is a shift from the high fashion of the prequels to the (grittier?) nature of Game of Thrones. At least that's my best take now. 

10 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

So, do we know if Billy Dee might show up in TLJ?

I sure hope so!

He was a cool character and part of our band of heroes, just like the others.

Plus something must have happened to him and the last film didn't tell us, so eventually we'll need to find out.

After the sad and undeserved ending for probably everybody's favourite character at the end of last film,

my hope is that Lando will show up being exactly like his old usual self.

He could be the only character that wasn't left scarred after their triumph in episode 6.

He could be wearing Han's jacket again too.

Oh, wait!!!!

New planet name:

Crait

Sounds cool. The planet already exists canonically, but apparently only in one sentence of a Rogue One book. So it's basically new. 

Read on to find out what happens there (SPOILERS):

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/the-clash-on-star-wars-the-last-jedis-new-world/

Sounds very cool! (although I'm sure a lot of less optimistic people who read this will criticize it for being too close to TESB)

Making Star Wars is really bringing in the awesome scoops now. These aren't really plot spoilers per se (we're not hearing who lives and who dies, or where in the film certain events happen), but these are definitely PRETTY MAJOR SPOILERS regarding locations, character clothing, etc.

The fashion in this film sounds awesome. Hope we see some of these shots in the trailer later this week. 

Details on Snoke, his guards, Kylo Ren & more from Star Wars: The Last Jedi!

Laura Dern, Poe Dameron, & the droids of the Resistance in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - Making Star Wars

Also, exciting, if expected, news regarding the trailer! (although I've read that SWNN isn't as reliable as MSW)

MSW podcast has some VERY MAJOR SPOILERS for this film (double tags protect against accidental clicks):

Spoiler
Spoiler

- Luke has an emotional reunion with Chewy and R2-D2 -- people in the production apparently got emotional telling Jason Ward from MSW about it. 

- There will not be a reunion between Luke and Leia. 

- Luke Skywalker barely uses a lightsaber - it is hinted that he will survive the film.

- Luke is very different from Yoda in TESB because of his emotional state. 

- The birds on Ahch-To are not convorees -- rather, they are porgs (either real name or code name). They seem to have more of a role than just being background characters. Chewbacca has a sequence with them (or at least one was filmed). 

- Luke explains Rey's connection to the Force and why it's important (but Ward doesn't know the specific contents). Ward, while not certain about Rey's parentage, says he doesn't get the sense that she's a Skywalker. 

I could have misheard some of this as this was all based on my listen, but it is certainly some very interesting info. 

EDIT: Whoops, accidentally posted. I'll add more info as I hear it. 

EDIT #2: Done editing. 

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

What do we see when Rey's talking about seing "a balance" (I think?).

Books on a shelve?

Looked like she was brushing dirt off a stone bearing what I'd assume to be the symbol of the Jedi.

Just now, Gistech said:

Looked like she was brushing dirt off a stone bearing what I'd assume to be the symbol of the Jedi.

But the shot before?

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Well, as you said, looks like books on a shelf. A fine shelf, may I add. Would cost about $800 to make one like that.

Hobbit / LOTR blu ray collection reference?

Just now, BloodBoal said:

To me, seems pretty clear it's Williams music fucked up by trailer guys who added phat beats and epic choir to make it more epic!

King Mark will be heartbroken. Will will love it!

Old JWFan versus New JWfan

Indeed, but from the sound of it, it wasn't Williams. Some nice Celeste stuff with Rey's theme and the Force Theme, but if it was Williams, then obviously some trailer music companies took what he did and modernised it to cliche trailer hits.

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Fucking judas. 

Seriously now. When has Williams ever sounded like modern film music/trailer music?

I know you want to have your dreams come true and have him score Call Of Deaty or whatever the hell you play, but it aint happening!

Gamer twat!

"Hey Johnny, can you write something for the trailer?"

"Sure, baby."

"Great, can you get it to us for March, so the kids at the trailer music companies can work on it before we release it in April?"

"Fuck off."