Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

The Jacket of Power, I can't wait to hear this track on the OST!

As TFA was a lot like ANH, I hope TLJ will be like ESB.

At the beginning of the movie a Resistance base will be attacked by the First Order. Then a wannabe Jedi will be trained by an old master.  Then an hero will be put in carbonite or whatever else that will prevent him, at last, to speak. The wannabe Jedi will come to rescue his friend, but too late. Then the bad guy will reveal an important truth to the wannabe Jedi about his origins. The End.

Spoilers for the teaser below (i.e. if you want to keep the teaser contents a complete surprise, don't read this)

Spoiler

By the way, from what I can tell in some very brief research this source is pretty reliable, but may not be quite as reliable as Making Star Wars. 

19 minutes ago, Chewy said:

"much more rich and evolved" :D Je suis d'accord !

Let's be serious a moment. For an english speaking person, it's certainly hard to learn french, because there's no many possibilities, level of languages (just think of the "You" that can be "Tu" or "Vous" in french), synonyms, verb tenses, the genre (feminine or masculine), the exception cases... and the contrary is true too... many French sentences, words or ideas can't be translated the exact same way in English. We have to make an adaptation. And English is hard too!!! It has his lot of exceptions too!! I know many french speaking persons who think they are bilingual... they are not! They talk a very bad and basic English (a little bit like me!).

It maybe easier for the profesional translators, but I think these are very difficult things to do for the common man, to switch from one language to the other.  At least, that's my case!

20 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

I think Rey holding the lightsaber is a red-herring.

Poe will be the Force-sensitive character.

Yeah. Luke just refuses her in the first scene.

"Nuh-uh. Thank you for your interest for this apprenticeship but you are not the one I was waiting for. Sorry. Better luck next time. Bye!"

2 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

It's not a French "exclusive". All Disney international marketing divisions are announcing the local title today (and yes, it's plural).

French is better, shut up! :P

6 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

It's the same in Italian ("Gli Ultimi Jedi") and in Spanish ("Los Ultimòs Jedi"), the plural is spelled differently than the singular in those languages too.

Yes I know, but French is the first language of the modern Olympics. :P

(at least, in theory)

Well folks, since getting our hopes up with little chance of actually getting anything is the mantra of JW and SW fans, I shall remind you all that the Confidential Music clock has 18 hours remaining. ;)

We can actually expect something interesting (spoiler-y, I assume) tomorrow, though!

Making Star Wars has a report on the state of the galaxy at the start of The Last Jedi. It's scarcely a spoiler at all, mostly being common sense, but I'll put it under spoiler tags just in case you want to be totally surprised by every single little thing in the movie:

Spoiler

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/state-galaxy-star-wars-last-jedi-begins/ 

So, sounds like the general state of the galaxy is almost the same as in the OT, unsurprisingly. Another civil war. 

You may recall that before TFA was released, MSW posted some interesting info on the political background for the trilogy: 

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-to-episode-viii-the-state-of-the-senate/

Much of it was confirmed by the Bloodline novel, and the rest (the stuff about Episode VIII) is mostly repeated in the newer article. 

18 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Bio = "life"

Hexa = "six"

Crypt = "an underground vault/chamber used as a burial place"

Bio-hexacrypt = "Six underground vaults of life"

Makes sense to me.

Let's play bio-hexacrypt of Kevin Bacon!

Some more detailed info on the Disney shareholder clips:

Spoiler

It turns out that the "Who are you?" line seems to be spoken in an INTERIOR scene, reportedly a cave or hut (possibly on Ahch-To). So it is almost certainly not the first line of the film. 

There's also more info at the below links. 

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-footage-description/

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/details-on-the-last-jedi-footage-shown-at-disneys-shareholder-meeting-luke-to-rey-who-are-you.html

On 5/3/2017 at 7:23 PM, Stefancos said:

Another clue! What is a bio-hexacrypt? Manuel?

No idea. New canon...

Sounds like something as bio-encripted language...maybe the resistance needs to decipher 1st order's messages. Or something security related the protagonits have to by-pass. 

Like a retina scan..or something. maybe six biometric parameters (voice, retina, digits,...)

I just say an old article that reminded me of something: This film could well be the first since ROTS to have any sort of artsy auteur-ish thing going. So far, Rian Johnson has seemed completely in control, and seems like someone who would be willing to take some risks. J.J. Abrams wasn't taking any risks, really, and Gareth Edwards got half kicked off the project near the end, seemingly. 

That said, after Rogue One I wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing about executive interference soon... There's still plenty of time. 

As a side note, I wonder if he might bring in some of the weirder of elements of Lucas' ST treatment. I assume that there were some crazier things in that treatment that got passed over for the conservative TFA, and Rian could maybe be daring enough (or foolish enough, depending on whether the ideas are good, of course!) to try. 

Spoilers about trailer contents! (but nothing beyond that)

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/brief-description-of-two-shots-from-the-last-jedi-teaser-trailer.html

Spoiler

Without further ado, here’s what we learned from a source, who saw a brief footage from the unfinished teaser, and who has proved to be credible in the past:

There will be a shot of a large city of some sorts.

Also there will be what looks to be an important procession and a feast.

There is a ship which looks to be a new design or an X-Wing of sorts appearing above a blue planet at high speed. 

When we asked for further clarification, the source said that the first two shots appear to be a funeral of some type and “an important dinner” (not sure if we got that right). The extras involved were all dressed in black, and the city had an old look, not futuristic.  And the shot with the ship looked to be an X-Wing model, which zooms on the screen at an alarming rate.

Also our source told us that TLJ teaser will immediately be put online after it debuts at Celebration Orlando, unlike the Rogue One teaser from last year, which was only shown for the attendees. 

Yay, all sounds good! Very excited to see the 

Spoiler

city

which we've been hearing about for a while. TFA wasn't very

Spoiler

urban 

so it will be nice to have some variety. 

Three Classic Planets Will Be Seen Again in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

Spoilers in the link! (I would say these spoilers are some of the biggest we've had yet)

The planet cameos sound cool but what I'm really excited for is the backstory/some general plot info described (regarding Luke and Kylo specifically). The rest of this trilogy sounds like it will be awesome and this article has me even more hyped. 

Spoiler

The Kylo Vader-artifact-hunting thing sounds really cool. I'm glad they're expanding that from just the helmet in TFA. This was actually mentioned in more detail in the early pages of the TFA art book, so I wonder whether these ideas could be taken from Lucas' treatment! The Luke Skywalker info sounds incredible. I can't wait to see Luke's spiritual journey through doubt in the Jedi to restore his faith. I wonder what that "big piece of info that causes Luke to question everything he knew about the Force" is. I'm glad they don't have that info as it would be great to find that out in the film itself. Anyway, I think the spiritual aspect is going to be awesome. TFA kind of lacked it but I think TLJ will absolutely make up for it. I love how Lucasfilm seems to be following Lucas' ideas of moral ambiguity and the wisdom needed to distinguish right and wrong, which he had spoken about decades ago as being part of the ST (and, interestingly, were also referenced in the poem at the start of the TFA novelization - I almost wonder if it came from Lucas?). I wonder if perhaps TLJ will be much closer to the Episode VII that Lucas wanted to make than TFA was. Anyway, wow. Not that these story points were necessarily completely unexpected, but still. :woop:

Of course, it's helpful to remember this is just a rumor for now. Although it does seem to line up rather nicely with this info - http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/updated-with-video-luke-skywalker-rocks-out-in-star-wars-episode-viii/ (Fairly minor spoilers)