Greatest Film Composer Tournament

Uni

Williams and Horner are the two best composers alive sorry Ennio.

Apparently, this guy begs to differ.

Moses

July 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Williams is very prolific, and has come up with a slew of memorable soundtrack music, but musically his stuff doesn’t compare to Morricone’s madcap grandeur imo. Morricone’s work is more daring and more innovative.

So what is he referring to when he speaks of Morricone’s "madcap grandeur"?

Well, he obviously means... um... er... well...

:conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

The use of the phrase "slew of memorable soundtrack music" tells us everything we need to know about this Moses fellow.

Now, now.

I find Williams' music to be more memorable than any other film music I've heard to date. More than any other film composer I've listened to. I mean, hey. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The use of the phrase "slew of memorable soundtrack music" tells us everything we need to know about this Moses fellow.

Now, now.

I find Williams' music to be more memorable than any other film music I've heard to date. More than any other film composer I've listened to. I mean, hey. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

You need to get on the 24 hour clock then!

Now, now.

You need to get on the 24 hour clock then!

I was talking about this Moses user who wrote what I originally quoted of him.

Of course I'm on the 24-hour clock. That's a redundancy.

Anticlimactic? Pretty much.

I meant that the wording sounds like that of a film-music dilettante trying to sound authoritative, not that he was wrong.

Nailed it.

Gnome in Plaid said:

Who the fuck is Brion? Apparently he's a worse film composer than Trent Reznor.

He's nothing particularly special. Synecdoche, New York was decent, but nothing else he's done has been very good.

I loved Brion's work on Magnolia: tense, brooding, melancholy strings quietly playing throughout the film, slowly building tension toward the bizarre climax at the end. Perfect music for a masterful film.

I'm glad Williams took first place...especially considering not a single person roots for him in the Comments section at the bottom.

With the readers of the site so apparently unimpressed by Williams, I wonder how he won.