So Shane Black is directing a Predator sequel...

Jay

• 11 months later...
30 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Maybe he doesn't want to do it?

He already said he was interested in returning. He was waiting for the call.

12 minutes ago, crumbs said:

He already said he was interested in returning. He was waiting for the call.

Maybe a scheduling conflict. He appears to be scoring the new Zemeckis to be released in November.

Karol

Jackman is a bland composer, but I watched a Composer roundtable from a few years back, where Jackman was telling Silvestri how Predator was the first film score he ever really paid attention to, and how it basically changed his life and career choices because he thought it was so interesting and great. That is slightly encouraging that Jackman will do the best he possibly can to live up to his hero essentially, and to honour the original material, considering it means so much to him personally. 

31 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

That is slightly encouraging that Jackman will do the best he possibly can to live up to his hero essentially, and to honour the original material, considering it means so much to him personally. 

I once thought as you did.

Then I heard Giacchino's Jurassic World.

As bitterly disappointed as I am with Jackman's Kong, his Jumanji score leaves me a bit more optimistic. 

Why he felt Jumanji deserved a more fun score than King Kong is beyond me, but that's none of my business.

• 1 month later...

I'm the only one who thinks this looks like it could be fun and funny in a stupid way?  Making a stupid action movie is harder than it looks!  I'm hopeful.

I agree. I'm happy to be currently living in an environment where absurd monster antics have made a bit of a comeback. Ya'll can have your Star Wars and your superheroes, this is where I get my cinematic nutrition.

15 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm the only one who thinks this looks like it could be fun and funny in a stupid way?  

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Will probably be fun popcorn entertainment

I think Henry Jackman might surprise us with this one. He shows promise often inbetween his completely forgettable ones