BloodBoal

I saw the first two in the theater. I only saw the second because I actually didn't mind the first. Wasn't that bad. However, after my experience with Revenge of the Fallen, I have no intentions of seeing anymore.

This new one is being throttled by the critics, but it will still be successful. I was shocked to see how long the thing was. 165 minutes?!

I never saw the other three in theaters. I don't know if I'll end up seeing this one in theaters...although Dawn said she wants to (that's where I'm going for my vacation). I'd rather see X-Men Days Of Future Past (again) then see Transformers 4.

I saw the first two in the theater. I only saw the second because I actually didn't mind the first. Wasn't that bad. However, after my experience with Revenge of the Fallen, I have no intentions of seeing anymore.

Same here.

I'm not gonna see it, you putz.

Let me guess, it's a bunch of slow motion shots of soldiers running to airplanes at sunset with a giant American flag blowing in the wind, awkward extreme close-ups on dramatic faces in slow motion, cars flipping around through the air exploding in slow motion, a bunch of CGI shit crashing and exploding in slow motion, etc.?

I never paid to see any of them. Never will, either. I was subjected to the first two through unfortunate circumstances. If there was a third (and I understand from somewhat reliable sources that there was), it hasn't entered even the peripheral of my attention. The notion that a fourth one may or does exist confirms beyond any shadow of doubt all my pessimism about the state of cinema today.

And does everyone grasp the unbridled arrogance of that quote? "I can make all the trash I want. I don't even have to try anymore. You'll still kiss my ass."

My God . . . even his self-deprecation comes off as arrogance. (Loved Jamie Gertz in that scene, though.)

The first one was sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, so I figured I'd go to see the second one. Good God it was terrible. Haven't seen a Michael Bay movie since. I was pretty mad when I read he was directing Pain and Gain, since the real story is so fascinating, but I have/had no faith in him to bring it to the screen.

These movies wouldn't be bad if they weren't 2.5 hours each to sit through, but yeah, pretty terrible. Thought the first one was awful, and while I didn't pay to see it, I still wanted my 2.5 hours back. Didn't bother with the second one, but I enjoyed the action in the third one. This latest one doesn't look as aggressively terrible (Mark Wahlberg is far more palatable than Shia), but with Bay on his fourth TF movie... you'd figure he'd be less egotistical, cut the crap and go straight for the action. There's barely enough plot for 80 minutes, let alone 150.

I wouldn't mind these movies at all if Bay were a lot more ruthless in the editing suite... 90-105 minutes is more than enough to fit in all that sweet CGI action and have enough plot to string it together. A lot of the filler focuses on obnoxious stereotypes and plot threads that go nowhere.

Yep, in agreement with the 'first one was fun for what it was but the second one was dreadful and left me with no desire to see any more' posts.

Same here. I might have actually paid to see the first film in theaters - not totally sure - but wherever I saw it, I rather enjoyed it for what it was. Some of the VFX shots were actually very impressive. The second one I remember seeing for free on a big screen in college, and it was so godawful that I still felt like I'd been robbed. I was done after that.

Michael Bay can do whatever he wants, and the beautiful thing about capitalism is that if there's a big enough segment of the population that wants his product, he'll continue to make a fortune off of it. More power to him. Personally, I've got better things to do.

I saw the first of these films when it came out and after that I was entirely certain that I never needed to see the rest. Nor am I going to see any possible future movies in this series. As Datameister pointed out, I have better things to do.

Have yet to pay to see one of these. Can't see that changing.

But you still saw them for free?

Saw the first one on telly and decided to leave it at that.

Yeah, what Matt C said about length ... movies based on a range of toys have no business running to 150 minutes-plus. See also the 3rd Pirates flick running to something like 2hrs 45 ... sorry but aren't you based on a theme-park ride for God's sake?

Yeah, what Matt C said about length ... movies based on a range of toys have no business running to 150 minutes-plus. See also the 3rd Pirates flick running to something like 2hrs 45 ... sorry but aren't you based on a theme-park ride for God's sake?

The much shorter 4th Pirates Movie felt longer than the 3rd movie.

I saw the first Transformers in the theater and hated it so much, I have never seen a second of any other entries. It was the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater and I wanted to walk out several times.

Transformers' On Track for Over $100 Million This Weekend

Well, whatever it is these movies do for some folks, the well isn't dry yet. I suspect a sinister brainwashing plot á la MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE.

The rumours are true... there really are millions of 13 year old boys in existence...

See also the 3rd Pirates flick running to something like 2hrs 45 ... sorry but aren't you based on a theme-park ride for God's sake?

The third Pirates wasn't based on a theme park ride...it was a sequel to the second film, which was distantly related to the first film, which was inspired by a theme park ride. (That ride, incidentally, is about 15 minutes long. Compare that to the 2 or 3 minutes one normally expects from a ride.)