BloodBoal

Because I think that's what it boils down to really - that positivity surrounding these movies irks your personal sensibilities and even irritates you. Which is also fine. But when the only product of that is venom and ire towards Bay and his movies on your part then it suggests you take the often puzzling tastes of others far too seriously, I reckon ;)

Don't bait me, outside of this messageboard i have nothing seen or heard about T4 here in Germany (and in fact not seen any of the movies except part one on tv years ago).

I just react to foul essays on culture that only worship BO numbers. Because if you think of it, anyone that cites an A-Cinemascore 3 days after a shitty movie opens as his big proof of audience buzz either knows nothing about the nature of film ratings or wilfully ignores what he knows, which is even worse.

• 11 months later...

In related news, Paramount has assembled a writer's room headed by Akiva Goldsman (Batman & Robin, A Beautiful Mind) to tackle future sequels, spinoffs, and other Transformers-related films for the studio. Some expected names and a few unexpected.

- Zak Penn (X-Men: The Last Stand, The Avengers, Incredible Hulk)

- "Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman

- Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man)

- Jeff Pinkner (The Amazing Spider-Man 2)

- Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down)

- Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari (script doctors on Ant Man)

- Repeat "Black List" scribes Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Christina Hodson, and Lindsey Beer

I'd feel more optimistic if Michael Bay weren't involved. The new writers have promise, but that won't mean squat if Bay's directing a fifth movie.

And Godzilla, with all its suspense and restraint, struggled to make it even slightly past $200 million domestic.

But Transformers movies routinely cruise to astronomical numbers, so obviously people just like mind-numbing, wall-to-wall action and special effects.

• 5 months later...

I've never had a desire to see any of the Transformers films. I did see the second one (i think) because a friend was watching it. Not my sort of movie. However, I do want to see his new film on Bengazhi

Michael Bay on ‘Transformers’ Haters: ‘Let Them Hate, They're Still Going to See the Movie’

A bit like the Eurovision Song Contest? :)

Except for the second film, I've enjoyed and liked all the TRANSFORMERS movies for what they are and what they're trying to do; the "Michael Bay Project" behind it, if you will. I'm a big Bay fan in general, and thought PAIN & GAIN was one of the best films last year (or was it two years ago already?).

I'm a big Bay fan in general, and thought PAIN & GAIN was one of the best films last year (or was it two years ago already?).

Lol. It came out in April 2013! So closer to 3 years ago than 2!

I'm a big Bay fan in general, and thought PAIN & GAIN was one of the best films last year (or was it two years ago already?).

Lol. It came out in April 2013! So closer to 3 years ago than 2!

:eh:

Craziness! I refuse to accept the rapidity of time!

I've never had a desire to see any of the Transformers films. I did see the second one (i think) because a friend was watching it.

Ah, yes, the good old excuse...

- A friend of mine wanted to watch it, so I ended up watching it too

- Oh, really? What was the name of that friend?

- Er... Mr. Friend?

lol his name was Ryan and he loved it. I couldn't get past the hip hop transformers.