Good cover art site?

I'm gradually replacing my album covers with high-res versions, and while I can find most on a google image search, the current one, Finding Nemo, is tricky.

What cover art sites do people use?

I'm aware of albumartexchange.com, but they have something that blocks my IP/location/something (and apparently everyone else too, according to their FB page).

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely use images larger than 600x600 for my cover art, and often settle for 500x500. I do get bugged when covers aren't square, leaving white space around on the sides on the iPod, but I haven't gone back and updated everything yet. A long term project is to use these cover files as tiles to make mosaics, but I'm not there yet.

For me, 500x500 is an absolute minimum.

At one point, I shrunk everything down to 443x443 because that was how big the album art 'window' in winamp was (not very clever in retrospect).

Now, somewhere around 600-800 is ideal, and anything above that a bonus.

The best I know is this one: http://www.albumartexchange.com/

Most of the covers posted here are in REALLY good quality. Here's Finding Nemo.

EDIT: Damn! Did you edit your post?

That cover is freaking awesome BB!

And no, I didn't edit anything :)

This is the first I've ever heard of albumartexchange blocking anyone's IPs. Why not just use a proxy to get around it?

I was blocked upon searching, but not by my IP. I think it's enforced by a third party for whatever reason. It's a similar sort of region block which people see when they try to access BBC iPlayer or Hulu content in a region which isn't permitted. Use Opera browser in turbo mode, it'll bypass it.

I was blocked upon searching, but not by my IP. I think it's enforced by a third party for whatever reason. It's a similar sort of region block which people see when they try to access BBC iPlayer or Hulu content in a region which isn't permitted. Use Opera browser in turbo mode, it'll bypass it.

Nope, didn't work.

What the hell is this website trying to protect itself against?

I reckon they deliberately mean to block UK users so as not to draw any attention/hassle from copyright claimants which they perceive to be an issue here. First time I've encountered it.

Nope, didn't work.

What the hell is this website trying to protect itself against?

They just don't think you're good enough, that's why.

I've tried accessing this site on both a public and a private network. When I attempted it on the public network, it blocked me. Seems they're a little cagey about who's snooping around their website. But on a private network I went through just fine.

I don't see why there's a problem for them to be so nervous about.

Do they think copyright holders will accuse them of making high-res art available to bootleggers? If so, many newer covers on Amazon are freely downloadable at amazing resolutions.

Next they'll say revealing the track list is ruining the industry....

• 5 weeks later...

I usually just do a Google image search for the resolution I desire. Sometimes Amazon is a good source. I never load higher than 600x600 if I can help it, and I don't own a printer so all the high resolution files are a little useless.