J.K. Rowling Just Posted A New Harry Potter Short Story

Jay

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

Saw some ridiculous tweet with the caption 'Harry Potter has no author'. 

Does anyone else find it frightening that JK's comments weren't only misconstrued to make out as if she had been a gun-toting anti-trans activist, but that all her Potter compatriots felt some pressure or guilt that unless they stated what everyone expected of them in faux statements of solidarity then they would be devoured by their followers?

We've seen so many examples of what the extreme far-right can accomplish that have scarred our society when left unchecked, but rarely have we seen the full extent of a warped leftist, PC culture when they're the one's in power. It's censorship again, silencing dissenting opinions again. There's no room for nuance when one would think that the plight of trans people and other beleaguered minorities requires a nuanced level of discourse?

Time and time again, celebrities, corporations and all manner of people who've erred off the PC tracks or diverged from popular opinion etc. have caved into gratifying these cancel culture types, and any apology, sincere or fake is never enough for this totalitarian ideology. There's no perceived middle-ground in the public discourse on this issue. Either you're supporting a trans hating author, or your ready to crucify her and burn the books too and that's what bothers me. 

Where's the vocal support of what's right, fair, balanced and nuanced, when the culture surrounding it has been hijacked by authoritarian types too caught up on what people write on twitter? 

I agree with all that.

I dunno , it's become the the hysterical Woke mob on social media vs Trump  supporters and both sides scare the shit out of me even if I tend left .Like you said, no middle ground. I'm not even sure why corporations are reacting by firing people the woke mobs call out and apologizing all the time for every little divergence of opinion as I figure the vast majority of people disagree (at least silently) with extreme political correctness

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

Saw some ridiculous tweet with the caption 'Harry Potter has no author'. 

Does anyone else find it frightening that JK's comments weren't only misconstrued to make out as if she had been a gun-toting anti-trans activist, but that all her Potter compatriots felt some pressure or guilt that unless they stated what everyone expected of them in faux statements of solidarity then they would be devoured by their followers?

We've seen so many examples of what the extreme far-right can accomplish that have scarred our society when left unchecked, but rarely have we seen the full extent of a warped leftist, PC culture when they're the one's in power. It's censorship again, silencing dissenting opinions again. There's no room for nuance when one would think that the plight of trans people and other beleaguered minorities requires a nuanced level of discourse?

Time and time again, celebrities, corporations and all manner of people who've erred off the PC tracks or diverged from popular opinion etc. have caved into gratifying these cancel culture types, and any apology, sincere or fake is never enough for this totalitarian ideology. There's no perceived middle-ground in the public discourse on this issue. Either you're supporting a trans hating author, or your ready to crucify her and burn the books too and that's what bothers me. 

Where's the vocal support of what's right, fair, balanced and nuanced, when the culture surrounding it has been hijacked by authoritarian types too caught up on what people write on twitter? 

Quality post!

3 hours ago, Holko said:

Evanna Lynch's answer on Twitter, while still disagreeing with her, at least derided this stupid cancel culture and the cancer that is social media, too.

yes, I thought she had the most measured response of the lot. 

Seems to be a form of mass hypnosis. A biological or electronic trigger that effectively overrides your own sense of ideals and values, and replaces them with an alternative coercive agenda that reduces you to little more than a mindless meat puppet.

I still haven't worked out what the real problem is, though: the average person being as ignorant as fuck or the fact that they have a platform to vent. Probably the first thing.

Harry Potter was thinking about Hermione Granger again. Hermione was a helpful bookworm with bony fingers and scrawny thighs. Harry walked over to the window and reflected on his dark surroundings. He had always loved the crowded Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with its crooked, deranged halls. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel delighted. Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the a virtuous figure of Hermione Granger. Harry gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a witty, odd, root beer drinker with wobbly fingers and healthy thighs. His friends saw him as a calm and powerful hero. Once, he had even helped a bitter Hedwig cross the road. But not even a witty person who had once helped a bitter Hedwig cross the road was prepared for what Hermione had in store today. The drizzle rained like sleeping owls, making Harry barmy. Harry grabbed a magic wand that had been strewn nearby; he massaged it with his fingers. As Harry stepped outside and Hermione came closer, he could see the decomposing glint in her eye. Hermione gazed with the affection of 2317 cowardly talented toads. She said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want you to grow some balls." Harry looked back, even more barmy and still fingering the magic wand. "Hermione, I've always wanted to have your babies, but I think you're a bitch," he replied. They looked at each other with shocked feelings, like two rotten, rats scheming at Ron's cold-blooded funeral, which had Baroque lute music playing in the background and two snooty uncles doing dumb 1st-year magic tricks to the beat of the music. Harry studied Hermione's bony fingers and scrawny thighs. Eventually, he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," began Harry in apologetic tones, "but I don't feel the same way, and I never will. I just don't love you Hermione." Hermione looked irritable, feeling like a squashed spellbook. Harry could actually hear Hermione's emotions shatter into 4024 pieces. Then the helpful bookworm hurried away into the distance. Not even a drink of root beer would calm Harry's nerves tonight.

Harry Potter had always hated the decorated dorm room with its sticky beds. It was a place where he felt sleepy. He was becoming a greedy, smelly, root beer drinker with candy lips and dancer's ankles. His friends however saw him as a splendid, young king. Once, he had even saved a beatboxing Hedwig that got stuck in a drain. That's the sort of man he was. Harry walked over to the window and reflected on his dirty surroundings. The hail pounded like goblins playing tummysticks. Then he saw something through the next corridor, or rather someone. It was the figure of Neville Longbottom. Neville was an adorable supermodel with messy lips and sloppy thighs. Harry gulped. He was not prepared for Neville. As Harry stepped outside and Neville came closer, he could see the bitter glint in his eye. "Look Harry," growled Neville, with a cowardly glare that reminded Harry of adorable werewolves. "I hate you and I want you to teach me how to be brave. You owe me 2887 shillings." Harry looked back, as he smashed the Sorcerer's stone. "Neville, I want to have your babies," he replied. They looked at each other with surprised feelings, like two snooty black cats doing stupid 1st-year magic tricks at storytime, which had Bob Marley music playing in the background and two deranged uncles eating icecream to the beat. Suddenly, Neville lunged forward and tried to punch Harry in the throat. Quickly, Harry grabbed the crumpled Sorcerer's stone and brought it down on Neville's skull. Neville's messy lips trembled and his sloppy thighs wobbled. He looked confident, and eagerly brought his wallet from his oddly decorated sweater, which was full to the brim with shillings and toothpaste. He then let out an agonising groan and collapsed onto the ground. Moments later Neville Longbottom was dead. Harry Potter went back inside and made himself a nice drink of root beer.

Is that v2 of the AI-generated Portrait of What Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash?

Still more in-character and fitting than Cursed Child.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

More like he retweet her tweet, she wrote a fan tweet for him. Then he said trans women are women and she deleted her tweet and blocked him on twitter.

I just checked, she still follows him on twitter 

34 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

A new development in that case or she unblocked him.

Or fake news.

he still followers her, if she blocked him and the unblocked him he would no longer be following her so I think it might be fake news. 

She definitely deleted the tweet though. 

Her name triggers these special little snowflakes.

They should really just disassociate from her work entirely. Are they that dependent on her? It all came from her mind the same as the Tweets. I guess ultimately these triggered social justice whiners need a legit powerful chick like JK in their lives, yet they remain in an emotionally abusive relationship with her. Weak, pathetic people.

• 2 months later...

The Strike series has been a great success. Not Potter level obviously but you’d be an idiot to think it was possible to recreate that. 

New Strike book is out today. Looking forward to diving in this evening. 

6 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Starting a lame hashtag and harassing people online is considered activism in today's cancel culture movement. 

Most of these people didn't care if Rowling had a career before this whole trans discrimination controversy. 

27 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Starting a lame hashtag and harassing people online is considered activism in today's cancel culture movement. 

Most of these people didn't care if Rowling had a career before this whole trans discrimination controversy. 

If you’re not canceling someone you’re living life wrong. The Gina Corana think obviously isn’t big enough for twitter.