Catch Me vs. AOTC

Dole

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but the jazzy downward spiraling section of the Catch Me If You Can Main Title cue sounds a lot (to me) like Part B of the Love Theme (Across the Stars) from Attack of the Clones. Does anyone who is musically gifted see a similarity? To me it almost sounds like a note-for-note copy (but then I'm not musically gifted!). Thanks.

Dole

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow as I'm away from my CD right now. It's the part that sounds so different from the rest of the track. It comes right before the final fading out rendition of the main theme. I think it's right around the the 2:00 minute or 2:30 mark but I'll check tomorrow.

Dole

Sure, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow as I'm away from my CD right now. It's the part that sounds so different from the rest of the track. It comes right before the final fading out rendition of the main theme. I think it's right around the the 2:00 minute or 2:30 mark but I'll check tomorrow.

Definitely, it's very similar. It's amazing how easily anguish transmutes to lounge lizard suavity with a mere instrumentational makeover.

I listen to both scores often, and never made the connection. I suppose I was caught up in the score instead of trying to pick it apart.

But as was said earlier, both scores are by the same composer. And given the fact that he worked on four scores last year, it's not too strange that some of the themes ran together.

It's an interesting observation. Nothing more.