Are there any composers here?

Jason

I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if there's already a thread like this (and please direct me to it).

I'm an amateur composer myself (I use Notion 4), and I'm wondering whether there are other composers in this forum.

I am a huge fan of John Williams, and his influence can (I think) be clearly heard in my work; but I also love Alan Silvestri, Bill Conti, Danny Elfman, Maurice Jarre, Laurence Rosenthal, and others.

I would be happy to meet other composers on this forum who also love John Williams--especially if you feel he influences your style.

Hi Jason, welcome to the forums, and yes there are a number of composers here. There are also those that specialize in music theory and often we all get into in-depth discussions about the theoretical aspects of JW's works (and others). Jump on in!

Hi Jason, welcome to the forums, and yes there are a number of composers here. There are also those that specialize in music theory and often we all get into in-depth discussions about the theoretical aspects of JW's works (and others). Jump on in!

I miss your contributions, airman!

But, to give a serious answer, ignoring Stefania's malarkey, there are at least four fairly regular posters besides myself that I'm aware of who compose in some significant capacity. Sharky, Ludwig, tedfud, and I believe filmmusic. Marcus and Karelm also, as well as others I'm sure I'm forgetting who aren't around as much.

I miss your contributions, airman!

Thanks Sharky, I still pop in frequently but stay quite busy so I don't get to jump into discussions these days as much as I'd often like.

But, to give a serious answer, ignoring Stefania's malarkey, there are at least four fairly regular posters besides myself that I'm aware of who compose in some significant capacity. Sharky, Ludwig, tedfud, and I believe filmmusic. Marcus and Karelm also, as well as others I'm sure I'm forgetting who aren't around as much.

You can count me in on that Pilgrim, since it's how I earn my living and all. :):wave:

Ah ha, sorry about that. I wasn't sure, but your comment about one of your arrangements being played at the Capitol Fourth concert made me suspect something!

Thanks, airmanjerm: I look forward to some good discussions.

'Tis a pleasure to be among you all, and I look forward to listening to your music as well.