What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Newer Films)

King Mark

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By default no since I've not watched the countless Trek episodes there are out there which you have. Firefly was only 13 episodes, which was pretty much perfect for me. And there's no stoic geekiness in sight, which was most alluring.

KM, what didn't you like about Godzilla?

It's the only film I've seen theatrically this year, and I enjoyed it very much.

I wish I was young and had lots of free time again... I would have seen Edge of Tomorrow, Captain American 2, X-Men 4, Guardians of hte Galaxy, Lucy and Apes in the theater

I don't remember if I have read here any comments about Boyhood!

has anyone seen it?

This seems like a film that could take me back to the theaters, after a long long... long time...

has anyone seen it?

This seems like a film that could take me back to the theaters, after a long long... long time...

Avoid it. It's Richard Linklater, king of hipsterdom.

has anyone seen it?

Why not scroll up to the top of this page, type "Boyhood" in the box, and hit enter?

I found 4 people who have seen it, and posted their thoughts in this thread:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20559&page=416#entry1022881

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20559&page=417#entry1023604

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20559&page=417#entry1023639

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20559&page=418#entry1025128

The twerp might be the least interesting thing about the film. But Patricia Arquette gives a top notch performance. She's the best element of this experiment.

Karol

has anyone seen it?

It's pretty good. You should watch it.

KM, what didn't you like about Godzilla?

It's the only film I've seen theatrically this year, and I enjoyed it very much.

I dunno, it just wasn't fun for me and It thought it just dragged on and on. It seemed like a very procedural movie and had no "wow" moments. I liked Pacific Rim because it introduced cooler ideas

K.M. Having some sort of posting bug

Is How To Train Your Dragon 2 considered to be better or worse than 1? (The film I mean, not the score)

I suppose because it's more mature and the animation is really stellar. I found HTTYD 1 meh, but enjoyed the sequel.

It does help that the music is very well mixed and does make the whole experience special. Films has a lot of heart because of that. It all comes together beautifully.

Karol

For me the second one is better, but the first one has a feeling on innocence and wonder that it's truly special and unique. They're quite different, so it's difficult to compare. The score is defintely better on the second one, how much Powell has matured and how rich his orchestrations sound is amazing. And by today's standars, HTTYD2 takes a lot risks. I hope they're able to keep it that way for the third (and final?) one.

The first one has a feeling of a more relaxed film, with plenty of place to breathe. In the second one everything happens quite quickly, and I think it would have defintely benefited from 5 or 10 more minutes of runtime. It's a shame that by rule (and probably monetary costs) American animated films *have* to last for 90 minutes -without credits. I would love to see a 2-hour animated picture.