What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Newer Films)

King Mark

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Endgame today. Great film. The best of the best MCU.

One of the best ensemble acted films I have ever seen.

This second time around was just as good if not better. The crowd today was a truly American crowd full of enthusiasm losts of clapping and cheering. They had a great time. 

I found the correct way of sitting that kept the pressure off my bladder for three hours. I didn't want to stand up, risk disturbing it and causing an unfortunate scenario. 

At least nobody got mass murdered at my theater. There was something about a synagogue somewhere else, though. Those are getting old. It's hard to keep up or stay interested. 

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Fortunately my cinema had an intermission.

There is no intermission. I want to talk to management 

I heard the lebowski comment but I have no frame of reference. 

21 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I love how character driven it was actually

Its very Shakespearean 

29 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Big+Lewboski+Jeff+Birdges.jpg

I never saw it. Is it a coen film?

Just now, Alexcremers said:

You never saw it?! It's one of Steef's favorite movies!

Never saw it. You know me I "ONLY" watch films that do well at the box office.

True. That's why you think Endgame might even be better than Titanic and Avatar. Maybe not right now, but in a few weeks, when it broke all box-office records.

Just now, Alexcremers said:

True. That's why you think Endgame might even be better than Titanic and Avatar. Maybe not right now, but in a few weeks, when it broke all box-office records.

I think Endgame is great for the quiet moments not for how much money it makes. Endgame succeeds because it is nostalgic and people love nostalgia. 

High Life

It's bleak and hopeless but stunningly photographed. It's an arthouse horror sci-fi movie, only that the only monsters are us and stripping freedom from others (and not an alien monster or parasite). Juliette Binoche plays against type as the film's villain, while Robert Pattinson is subdued but good. 

Claire Denis is certainly a rising director to keep an eye on. There's a lot to admire in this film, even if I didn't like it.

Interesting! Critics seem to like it, audiences not so much. I've only seen the trailer but the film seems to have a Tarkovsky vibe. 

MV5BMDNjN2NjYmItMjAyZi00NmNkLWJmYTQtYzcw

I remember that making a splash at TIFF. Definitely, want to check it out.

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Interesting! Critics seem to like it, audiences not so much. I've only seen the trailer but the film seems to have a Tarkovsky vibe. 

Seems more Von Trier to me. 

Apparently Kubrick and Tarkovsky were on Claire Denis' mind, but because it's a prison movie, her main inspiration were 'jails'.

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile

The new Ted Bundy film didn’t really offer any new to the story. We’re meant to experience him from the point of view of his girlfriend but she’s quickly reduced to a bit part character. Zac Efron is pretty convincing though.

Having watched Hurricane and 303 Squadron recently I feel the UK should be, at the very least, giving Poland 12 points in the Eurovision every year.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Alex said:

The new Ted Bundy film didn’t really offer any new to the story. We’re meant to experience him from the point of view of his girlfriend but she’s quickly reduced to a bit part character. Zac Efron is pretty convincing though.

Mark Harmon did a better job.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Alex said:

The new Ted Bundy film didn’t really offer any new to the story. 

I didn't know much about it except that he was a famous serial killer. I thought he was some kind of creepy loner, certainly not a charming hunk that made all the girls behave like horny construction workers.

extremely-wicked-shockingly-evil-and-vil

6/10

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I didn't know much about it except that he was a famous serial killer. I thought he was some kind of creepy loner, certainly not a charming hunk that made all the girls behave like horny construction workers.

extremely-wicked-shockingly-evil-and-vil

6/10

There’s a documentary on Netflix (directed by the same guy) that is a lot better imo

He killed more women than he is credited for. If he hadn't driven like a korean woman he'd have never been caught.