Brian Eno Hates John Williams

Dixon Hill

And that's that? Is there no room in the world for opinions that aren't your own?

Eno's opinion is as wrong as it can possibly be.

There's nothing subjective about his moronic statement.

And that's that? Is there no room in the world for opinions that aren't your own?

I'm sorry. The man says he hates John Williams and that his music has ruined many a film, and you expect JWfan to take a fair and balanced stance on the man?

He's an ignorant and obnoxious cunt!

I'm sorry. The man says he hates John Williams and that his music has ruined many a film, and you expect JWfan to take a fair and balanced stance on the man?

He's an ignorant and obnoxious cunt!

I will not give JWFan an exemption from my expectation of level-headedness.

• 3 weeks later...

I was, but I guess the topics I read didn't really have the banter. I wasn't exactly reading every thread all the time, mainly things concerning score analysis and such.

Hey, at the end of the day, I'm not going to cry about it!!

I looked upon this place as a resource of sorts.

• 1 year later...

This thread is a masterpiece.  It is a microcosm of JWFan, a relic of a simpler, gayer time.  It is, easily, the thing I'm most proud of doing with my life.  

I'm sure there are plenty of artists I am obsessed with that hate other artists I'm obsessed with, not really a big deal.

Eno hasn't been involved with much of anything I've cared about post-early-80s but I love practically everything he worked on from Roxy Music to Talking Heads and the Berlin Trilogy. My personal favorite Eno solo album is "Before and After Science."

Now we just need to get Williams' opinion on "Another Green World" or "Music for Airports"!

Eno hating John Williams is not a reason to dismiss one of the most interesting figures in pop music history!

Setting aside his (very worthwhile) ambient music recordings, his 4 solo pop albums of the 1970s are some of the coolest records of that decade. Another Green World and Before and After Science especially are essential albums IMO.  The albums he produced with David Bowie and Talking Heads are brilliant, towering achievements by any measure.

I mean, come on. This is just amazing:

Christ! This was 2 years ago??

How long have I been stuck in this purgatory?

54 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Eno hating John Williams is not a reason to dismiss one of the most interesting figures in pop music history!

Setting aside his (very worthwhile) ambient music recordings, his 4 solo pop albums of the 1970s are some of the coolest records of that decade. Another Green World and Before and After Science especially are essential albums IMO.  The albums he produced with David Bowie and Talking Heads are brilliant, towering achievements by any measure.

I mean, come on. This is just amazing:

Cheers for not falling for the usual hate and dismissals, Disco Stu.  

Well, like so many people before me, my teenage David Bowie obsession led me on the path of discovering Eno and then all the amazing experimental German artists that inspired them. That experimental, electronic music of the '70s holds a special place in my heart.

15 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I always thought the outrage in this thread is tamer than it's made out to be.

Yes the outrage is f.....g tame. There are no many real champions here left. It is a shame.

22 minutes ago, TheWhiteRider said:

What's your definition of champion?  Slobbering sycophant?

No, I was not talking about you, there must be many meanings for that word. I meant a fighter with pure

heart, fighting against besserwissers.

10 hours ago, TheWhiteRider said:

You take this all far too seriously and personally my friend.  I genuinely suggest lightening up.

He comes from the snow lands of Northern Europe. Not much happens there. This thread is probably the most exciting thing in a decade. Give him a break.

12 hours ago, TheWhiteRider said:

You take this all far too seriously and personally my friend.  I genuinely suggest lightening up.

Humor is a difficult concept.

2 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

He comes from the snow lands of Northern Europe. Not much happens there. This thread is probably the most exciting thing in a decade. Give him a break.

It's summer now here, plus 25 celsius. I'm currently dancing in the woods, naked. Very exciting.

I love his Prophecy Theme from Dune. As much as I like Toto's score (well, for the most part), I wouldn't have minded if he had tackled the whole score by himself