The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

5 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I read a review of Cap America 3, a very positive one, BTW. Is the movie out?

Dude!

On 4/13/2016 at 5:39 PM, Jay said:

Very positive (and spoiler-free) review of Civil War

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/13/captain-america-civil-war-review-fighting-to-be-the-best/

Sounds great!

7 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

It's first international release date is April 27th.  It's screened a couple of times, however, for critics.

So far very good reviews.

Thanks! I suspected something like that (early screenings for critics, that is).

It doesn't matter.  It would be nice if they didn't announce RDJ was appearing in Spider-man until after Civil War had been out for a week.  They would have only had to wait 3 weeks!

Unless this is massive misdirection.  Ooooh!

Sure, but, again, they shouldn't have made this kind of announcement until after the film opened regardless.  At least pretend there are important lives at stake.

The 13 year olds out there (the target audience of these films, afterall) don't understand that Marvel wouldn't kill him off.

The purple guy sitting on a throne from the mid-credit scene of The Avengers. He's in love with Death and wants to destroy in her name.

Not much help, I know.

Karol

He also appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy and the mid-credits scene of Age of Ultron, but I'm sure Stefan knew that too

He never seemed terribly interesting to me. I've read Infinity War comic book ages ago and it made very little impression on me. Too grandiose to be really relatable. The bigger those stories get, the clunkier everything becomes. So far Marvel managed to scale down its universe to manageable size that could still serve its characters. I'm not sure how is this gigantic movie is supposed to work. I really can't imagine how it could be successful and also include every single character already established (when the second Avengers film is already struggling with juggling its cast and subplots).

Karol

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

I really can't imagine how it could be successful and also include every single character already established (when the second Avengers film is already struggling with juggling its cast and subplots).

If the Russos can pull it off in Civil War, they can pull it off in Infinity War, I suppose.

After all, Infinity War is the same cast, plus Thor, Hulk, Thanos, and those Guardians guys (sure, some of their TV characters could pop in too, who knows).  In other words its not like, double the cast or anything.  But they also have 2 films to tell their story, so it won't suffer from the same problems as Ultron, hopefully.