The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

2 hours ago, dougie said:

Wonder Woman doesn't even seem like it's set in the same universe as MoS and BvS.

What film would want to be.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, leeallen01 said:

When Brie gave her statistics on women and people of colour as film critics, she sees a low number and says "this is wrong. It should be equal." But she and others cannot understand the possibility of less women and people of colour wanting to be film critics. Instead they immediately say that if it isn't 50/50 white and black, and 50/50 man and woman, then it is racist and sexist.

I take more enjoyment of the Pinar Topraks of the world as artists than they would be as film critics, as fun as some essays can be.

Saw Captain Marv on Saturday and thought it was pretty good. Unrevolutionary as expected, although they tweaked the structure a bit to play with the amnesia thing.

Huge emotional gut punch with the opening logos, Marvel. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Thanos is ready ....

So am I. Got my tickets for the Thursday Opening Night Fan Event at 5 PM, as well as two IMAX viewings for the following day at 6:20 PM and Sunday at 2 PM. Looking forward to it.

I managed to book a seat for midnight showing. It's quite crazy - so far at least 9 screens (out of 10 total) will be screening it at midnight and they're all pretty much sold out. Even the double feature options. Perhaps their $840 million global opening weekend is not that far off.

Karol

43 minutes ago, Richard said:

Spoiler alert! 

They all die.

Everything dies, baby, that's a fact

But maybe everything that dies someday comes back 

Put your makeup on, fix your hair up pretty and 

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City. 

They will all come back except for Iron Man or Cap America or, let’s go obscure, and select Rocket. 

One of those 3 will not survive.

2 hours ago, El Jefe said:

let’s go obscure, and select Rocket. 

I'm disappointed that Starlord's mixtape didn't include that song by Def Leppard. The timing could have worked. It just wouldn't fit the movie and I get that. 

Hawkeye Series Starring Jeremy Renner in Development at Disney+

This joins the Scarlet Witch and Vision, Loki, and Falcon and Winter Soldier series they are also developing, all starring the film actors.

They could be good.  I'll be a Disney+ subscriber for sure.  I already dropped Netflix earlier this year in anticipation (we were also just pruning subscriptions we weren't using to their full potential at the time).

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Well Netflix cancelled them

Netflix certainly did not cancel Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter.  Those were network shows on ABC.  Agents of SHIELD still is; It's final season hasn't begun airing yet

On 4/10/2019 at 2:03 PM, Stefancos said:

Urgh...more Superhero films.

Ridiculous. Don't  watch. That's exactly the same thing you said about Stephen King Films, or horror films

EVERY Genre has a right to exist.

I mean, it’s gonna host the entire catalogue of Star Wars movies, all of the MCU movies, all of Pixar’s stuff, a selection of their classic films, a ton of original content, etc. 

All for $7 a month! Seems like a great deal to me. 

2 hours ago, John said:

I mean, it’s gonna host the entire catalogue of Star Wars movies, all of the MCU movies, all of Pixar’s stuff, a selection of their classic films, a ton of original content, etc. 

All for $7 a month! Seems like a great deal to me. 

And let's not forget Disney Club, the show you guys were all raised on.

One of my best friends growing up, who was just one school year under me, was a huge fan, watched it every day and talked about it all the time, but I was just never interested.  DItto for Pokemon, never seen a second of the show, never played a frame of any game

I was a Power Rangers kid too, and that went on a bit too long - maybe 5th or 6th grade, past when other kids had moved onto something else.  Mercifully, I'm just a hair too old to have been in that Pokémon wave

Disney+ will also have thirty seasons of The Simpsons, so that will be a good way to watch classic Simpsons episodes!  Plus also twenty more seasons' worth!